• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

average game session

Bagpuss

Legend
We play most Friday nights from assuming we all get there for about 6:30 then kick off is about 7pm and we play till about 11pm or midnight at the latest.

So 4 to 5 hours on average. Sounds like your player has unrealistic expectations.

The Cardinal

First Post
I GM:

GURPS Cabal - bi-weekly (Thursday), 18:30-23:30

GURPS Fantasy - bi-weekly (Saturday or Friday) 14:30-2:00

GURPS Bronzepunk - every 6-8 weeks (Friday, Saturday or Sunday) about 9-11 hours per session

I play:

D&D3e Mystara - monthly (Saturday) 14:30-3:30 (Saturday, on average)

I plan to GM:

two other GURPS campaigns on a bi- or tri-weekly basis.

Age of players/GM: 19-35

Henry

Autoexreginated
The Cardinal - you are an evil, evil person! :) - you remind me of my glory days, when almost EVERY day was game day. :(

Now, we play about 3 weeks out of four, for about 6 hours at a stretch. And lately, due to cyclic player loss, we have been down to bi-weekly!

VorpalBunny

Explorer
Queenie122 said:
... this sounds VERY familiar.. except it's about 30 minutes of LoTR references and 30 minutes of South Park references...

For my group as well. We play every Sunday from (ideally) 2PM to 6PM. However, in between the EverQuest discussions, Star Trek and Lord of the Rings refrences, rules "discussions" :rolleyes: , and waiting for people to show up, we usually average between 3 and 3 1/2 hours.

jester47

First Post
You know I play only 4-5 hours. If he has red hair let him go do what he wants, if blonde beat the crap out of them (either one)until they comply, and if he has glasses tell him that the stars are right for four hours, and that in all statistical probability 4-5 hours is the average ammount of time.

The thing is I have told all these guys this fact a bazzzilion times. How easy people forget....

Aaron.

wolff96

First Post
We get together every week on Saturday nights and play from 2pm to around 9-10.

So between 7 and 8 hours, though part of it is usually goofing off.

hunter2112

First Post
My group manages to get together every Tuesday or Wednesday, but only for about 3-4 hrs, 5 on a good night.

Oh how I miss the Saturday marathon game nights only breaking for episodes of Next Gen. (or is that too geeky?)

Wil

First Post
It depends on how often the game is. Our typical sessions are 3-4 hours if we play once a week; 5-6 hours if it's every other week; 6-8 hours if the game is scheduled monthly. I have to say that I'm assuming we get more done in 6-8 hours monthly than 3-4 hours once a week because of set up time, gabbing, etc.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads