• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AvP getting ripped to pieces

buzzard

First Post
You know I wasn't very optimistic about this flick, but I was thinking of seeing it anyway. However after those reviews I will likely pass on spending money on it. Maybe Netflix in a few months or so.

buzzard

AFGNCAAP

First Post
The best thing I can do is to go into this movie having no expectations whatsoever. Then, feasibly, I could enjoy it.

I think that this, possibly, may help me go into the movie & see if it's entertaining or not. Drop the baggage of the previous stuff in the franchise, & just go with what's given. Sounds like there's some changes to canon from earlier films, but then again, there may be reasons behind them (which could or could not be on the cutting-room floor).

I'll be more interested in seeing what the "real" reviewers say tomorrow. Ain't it Cool News is infamous for belabored rants more than reviews anyway.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Yeah, if there's actually a relationship between a movie and its reviews on AICN, it's too subtle for me to perceive. RottenTomatoes has a better chance of guiding my expectations than Harry's Horde. At least the reviewers on RT appear to have grasped the English language and its use.

Krug

Newshound
Joshua Dyal said:
I'll be more interested in seeing what the "real" reviewers say tomorrow. Ain't it Cool News is infamous for belabored rants more than reviews anyway.
Maybe, but after watching the AvP clip on Yahoo! and what a crap job Resident Evil is, I really don't have high hopes for the movie. I'll watch it anyway, of course, but Paul WS Anderson... sheesh.

Remove ads