• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Awakened Wolf

Darklone

I played an awakened wolf once. Just one problem: The DM gave me class levels AND increased my size and stats according to the HD progression...

Then I took out a team of hitmen some mobster boss sent after my "let's kick the kings knee-party"all by myself. The party found only one corpse in the morning. Ranger/rogue was great to sneak after badguys in the night.

Get some infos about how much wolves run around and put up a scouting pattern with at least 10 miles radius around your group. You'll find everything.

Tuskus

First Post
Thanks for all the responses, Where can he find this swordsage? He wants to take levels of wolf until he's large size, and then straight fighter with focus on speed and natural weapons, but maybe he would consider this swordsage. As for owning things, I've already suggested to him that he buy barding and an amulet of natural weapons (SS). As for going out in public alone (or even with a party), I haven't decided how people will react in my campaign setting. Hopefully, one of the other PCs will find it convenient to have a Pc controlled mount. As for using Worg instead of wolf, I let him choose between the two with the warning, "If people don't react well to a wolf in town, think how they will react to an evil prone, goblin bred, child eating machine in their grange area."

QuaziquestGM

First Post
I played an unawakened dog once. used the riding dog stats.
Used -6 or something like that for my racial int adjustment. Ended up with a 10, and we just ignored most of the INT rules.....Played him like Ren-tin-tin/Lassie.

It was a high level game that started at level 18. The class mix included rogue, barbarian, scout, and psi warrior. Rage, fast movement from 2 sources, expansion, up the walls, psionic strike, sneak attack, scent...once tripped a cadaver collector...good times.

used an amulet of ???(increased natural attack) , ion stones so I never had to eat, drink, or breathe, ...later a psionic skin.

Remove ads