Pathfinder 1E Azlant Adventure, and Using Pathfinder with Mythos

Joshua_Stevens

First Post
@ Josh Stevens!

Take heart, the commissioning process has always been competitive prior to this.. and it's a challenge for me to let go of that whole paradigm, because sometimes I'm the most active right at the beginning.

Even without the direct competition, there is a "sales" aspect to the commissioning that remains. In a roundabout way, I'm saying the the idea of the Red of Azathoth is starting to grow on me. The more I hear people talk about it, and the more they whoop and hollar about it.. the more excitement and energy is generated. Take heart and don't be discouraged by anything I say.

I'm evaluating whether I should take three standard patronages or if I can squeeze another out of the budget.. That's because it really is a cool idea.

I'm glad Red Eye is growing on you. That said, the other two options sound really awesome too. I've already signed up to be a senior patron for Brandon's Azlant project. I know he has all kinds of madness planned for it, and I can't wait.

Daigle

Explorer
You're not getting off that easy, Joshua. I signed up for your project as well. This is a helluva round of Open Design this time.

Monkey King

Explorer
My secret wish is that all three projects get commissioned, and Joshua, Brandon and I all strive to outdo each other in design awesomeness.

I picture us in the hats from Iron Chef while patrons shout out monster names as ingredients. :D

ruemere

Adventurer
Two new Pathfinder adventures are underway at Open Design, and you can help shape them.

The projects are The Red Eye of Azathoth (Cthulhu comet cult adventure using Pathfinder RPG in historical times), and From the Shore to the Sea (Pathfinder Azlant adventure).

More details over at the project announcement on KQ.com.

Whaddya think, are these a good fit for the Pathfinder setting and rules?

I cannot help noticing that mock-up for Red Eye of Azathoth is a reproduction of Jan Matejko's painting, Copernicus-Conversation with God.

Interesting coincidence. Though probably caused by Google search.

Regards,
Ruemere

Monkey King

Explorer
I cannot help noticing that mock-up for Red Eye of Azathoth is a reproduction of Jan Matejko's painting, Copernicus-Conversation with God.

I don't think it's a coincidence; it's a great painting and perfect for the subject matter. Rather a deliberate choice by the designer, I suspect.

The final project will, of course, have original cover art, but I think a great painting gives people a sense of the tone and direction for a project. Hard to beat Matejko's Copernicus.

Daigle

Explorer
My secret wish is that all three projects get commissioned, and Joshua, Brandon and I all strive to outdo each other in design awesomeness.

I picture us in the hats from Iron Chef while patrons shout out monster names as ingredients. :D
From where I'm sitting, there looks to be a ton of interest, so I can't see how they all three won't be commissioned. Then again, you're the king, and your gaze is much more broad than mine.

Joshua_Stevens

First Post

Regards,
Ruemere

Definitely not coincidence. The painting just felt right - it being Copernicus, staring upwards at the sky, with the dark tone and various astronomy instruments around him, it was the best I could find to convey a sense of the project.

I was more than a little worried that I might have been too fussy in picking cover art, especially for a mock-up. But, Wolfgang hasn't called me a prima donna yet. :lol:

Monkey King

Explorer
Until the following scene occurs over at the Open Design boards, I think we're pretty safe.

<prima donna>I asked for this flumph steak to be sliced extra-fine, and this is what comes back!? This is your best work?! And this whale oil is rancid: get it out of my sight!

I'm surrounded by wannabes! I cannot work under these conditions!</prima donna>

Remove ads