• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

B.P.R.D. Issue #1 "City of Night"

Andy, seeing everything is under control, briskly makes it out of the room in a coughing fit.

Those Ragna Rok people mean business, up until now I've been avoiding them but...I guess that just isn't possible anymore. It's likely they're aware of our presence now, as well. D*mn.

After taking a much welcomed breath of fresh air he waits til for the others to catch up before he answers Michael's question, "It appears to be some strange kind of spell. I heard something that could have been some sort of incantation to animate the dead. It was like, a combination of languages. I'm guessing if anyone else heard it, they would hear it in their own language...it's quite curious."

"Don't take my word for it though, it's not like I'm an expert or anything. I just read a lot of comics." He says as he scratches the back of his head, smirking.

(Fort save DC 5+0=5 for the smoke)

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Sgt. Michael Camden "Ace" HP's 3

Michael did a silent head count on those who made it out and prepared to head back in to recover them if they didn't come out or signal soon. He looked to see where the doctor's were and if they were alright.

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Paul continues to get put the fire out with water from the pipe. Christopher, Andy, Kongming and Xavier get outside, although Christopher and Andy have a bit of a coughing fit but is fine in a second (just catch the last of it but as I assume when they get outside they are ok). The next round Lia gets out, coughing, but ok.

It takes 10 or 15 seconds of water to really put all the fire out inside the room, but the smoke is really thick, and will be for some time (Paul can duck down to the floor to avoid most of it). It is seeping out of the door into the morgue office.

The party is more or less assembled outside in the office, the two Doctors standing around in shock and horror at what they have seen…

Dr. Clay looks to Andy and says "What…those things were animated dead? I don't understand…"

[occ]Actions for the party? The fire is out, the building is saved, local officials will eventually show up.[/occ]

Radiant

First Post
Lia

Lia emerges through the smoke, her fangs and claws still fully extended. They retract slowly then she gets into a clearer sight. Coughing and spitting she gets some distance between herself and the fire.
With a disgusted look she spits out a few pieces of flesh that hang between her teeth.

"Dead flesh, zombies are just disgusting."

Radiant

First Post
Lia

Karl Green said:
The party is more or less assembled outside in the office, the two Doctors standing around in shock and horror at what they have seen…

Dr. Clay looks to Andy and says "What…those things were animated dead? I don't understand…"

She briefly considers to say something about humans and their ilusions about a save little world but decides coughing and getting rid of the taste of rotten flesh in her mouth is far more important.

While looking for some water she takes a carefull look at each and every member of the team. Some prooved quite dangerous and at least with some she is sure why they are here now.
Especially the foolish priest, the soldier and the magical armor are more dangerous than she expected.

Then she finally doesn't feel like vomiting anymore she jumps to the side of the car and sits there while the doctors get their wits back together and the others do whatever they do. While waiting she takes out the kinfe the B.R.P.D issued them and starts to clean our rests of zombie skin from under her , now normal, fingernails

Originally posted by Karl Green:
"What…those things were animated dead? I don't understand…"

"It's kind of...um complicated. Just try to think of out of the box and take things slowly. Lesson #1, magic is real." Andy begins a small lecture about things fantastical, nothing too complex for the doctors to understand though.

It seems that the doctors aren't in on this, after all-the zombies attacked them as well. Some of my 'friends' here have shown that they are quite powerful. I just wonder what their weaknesses are...

"So, um, are we gonna wait for the authorities to get here, or should we get a move on?" Andy asks inquisitively.

Last edited:

Acid_crash

First Post
Prophet HP: 3

End of Combat:

Xavier did double move to follow rest out of the building.

Outside the building:

Xavier looks at everybody, glad that everyone made it out alive, and in one piece. He didn't expect the rising dead, but it was a good test of the abilities God has allowed him to have, and he is sure that there are more tests of his resolve to come.

His eyes stop at Lia, seeing her claws and fangs for the first time, and understands why she is angry. Sometimes hate can be a powerful ally, when used for the proper reasons and if God wills it. Still, too much anger. Then he shakes his head sadly and walks to the group en mass.

"Is everyone okay? God's will seems apparent, we have been brought together for a reason and this is just the first test to come. I am glad to be at your sides for the upcoming confrontation against evil. Any ideas on what to do next? I heard the vile creature speaking some form of Latin just as it attacked, but this puzzles me. What about the rest of you?"

Xavier finishes and stands their patiently, putting his sunglasses on, and still holding his staff in a firm grip in case of any further attacks that might surprise them.

Spot: 11 (roll) + 3 (skill) = 14 total
Listen: 19 (roll) + 1 (ability) = 20 total

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Paul Decker, HP:3, HS:0, Stun:0, Lethal:0, Condition:Healthy

Coughing a bit again (Fort: 18 + 3 = 21), Paul continue to extengish the fires.

"The smell is just too bad, and I can hardly breath" he say to himself. "Let the door open." he shout, and on that he call a wind that blow most of the smoke outside the room, blowing up the people between him and the door.

"Sorry!"

When all his fine, he make sure the water is cut so there is no accumlation in the morgue.

"Zombies... Hades would not be happy to hear that. I suggest to incinerate them all, just in case they have a second... well a third live. At least, the ones that havn't been yet."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads