B.P.R.D. Issue #1 "City of Night"

Acid_crash

First Post
Prophet HP:3

OOC: sorry for the delay, been having bad internet problems at home last two days.

In briefing room --

Standing against the back wall behind a chair everyone can see the last member of the team. Dressed in a pearlescent white robe that ripples around him and tied around his waist with a yellow-gold sash/rope (think 2 thousand years ago type rope) is an ebony skinned man, his head covered with a white hood. He has a goatee and in around his neck is a silver and gold cross. In front of him he is holding a black-wood staff with a matching silver and gold cross on the top, and you can see metal strips of some kind of metal (unknown to any metal detectors on the planet) going the length of the black shaft.

He mentions not a word, and during the whole briefing he stares at the pictures of the Nazi's with a deep hatred and sadness, and looking in his eyes one can tell that he feels sad about, not only the atrocities that they committed, but the fact that a person stooped to that level in the first place.

Then, with the mention of Ragna Rok, and listening to the others question the professor about it, he simply nods and, as the people are shuffling about, speaks, "Professor, if it is God's will for me to be here, then I shall humbly accept and do what I must. I feel this is what I am meant to do."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Sgt. Michael Camden "Ace" HP's: 3

Michael departed the briefing room quietly. He noticed the man in the white robe, he bowed slightly from the waist to the man and followed the instructions to the armory. When he arrived, he reviewed the standard team gear, then spoke quietly with Patrick.

"Patrick, I will need more ammo," Michael requested, "for the pistol . . . and for my gun. Also, since we're heading to the desert. Do you have any of this gear in desert camo? And I'll need a ball cap or other head covering."

Velmont

First Post
"Thanks. If you have documents with more detail that I can read, about any subject we just discuss, I would like a copy to read while we are travelling. Now, I will go prepare my stock."

Paul follow Micheal to the store room.

"After your have found what he wants, can you put this aside for me, I'll pick them later." Paul gives to Patrick a list he made while he was in the briefing room. The list can be read like that:

- Hunter Pistol with usual ammunition
- Tactical Vest
- Pocketknife
- Flashlight
- Survival Gears for Desert
- Personal Radio
- GPRS Watch
- Binoculars
- All-weather ligther
- Camo Full Suit for Desert
- Maps of Mali, Niger, Algeria, Mauritania

Karl Green

First Post
Acid_crash said:
Then, with the mention of Ragna Rok, and listening to the others question the professor about it, he simply nods and, as the people are shuffling about, speaks, "Professor, if it is God's will for me to be here, then I shall humbly accept and do what I must. I feel this is what I am meant to do."

[OCC- totally understand I have been having LOTS of problems getting on the boards lately]

Professor Corrigan says “Good to hear then Xavier, I have every confidence in you and the people going. Good luck.”

Keia said:
Michael departed the briefing room quietly. He noticed the man in the white robe, he bowed slightly from the waist to the man and followed the instructions to the armory. When he arrived, he reviewed the standard team gear, then spoke quietly with Patrick.

"Patrick, I will need more ammo," Michael requested, "for the pistol . . . and for my gun. Also, since we're heading to the desert. Do you have any of this gear in desert camo? And I'll need a ball cap or other head covering."

When the group gets to Supply, the fine a fairly good size waiting area that leads into a huge underground warehouse, with an insane amount of equipment, weapon lockers, boxes, crates, and even some vehicles!

Patrick comes out from the back and smiling to Ace says "Sure thing chief lets see how much ammo you thinking? Two extra clips? Three? Oh yea I took some liberties and instead of our normal black vests and packs I got you guys Desert Gray, but if you camo instead that’s fine… lets see what I can get ya. And a cap, need that in desert camo also? Here you go, with the B.P.R.D. logo and all.”

Velmont said:
"Thanks. If you have documents with more detail that I can read, about any subject we just discuss, I would like a copy to read while we are traveling. Now, I will go prepare my stock."

Professor Corrigan nods her head saying “I will arrange for all of his old correspondents to be bundled up and they will be on the plane if you need something to read. If you can leave them on the plane when you get to Mali… I would very much prefer these kinds of documents remain out of the public eye, due to their content.”

Velmont said:
Paul follows Michael to the store room.

"After your have found what he wants, can you put this aside for me, I'll pick them later." Paul gives to Patrick a list he made while he was in the briefing room. The list can be read like that:

- Hunter Pistol with usual ammunition
- Tactical Vest
- Pocketknife
- Flashlight
- Survival Gears for Desert
- Personal Radio
- GPRS Watch
- Binoculars
- All-weather ligther
- Camo Full Suit for Desert
- Maps of Mali, Niger, Algeria, Mauritania

Patrick looks the list over, nodding his head “You bet chief, now let’s see…” and he walks through some back shelves, gathering the requested items. In about 5 minutes (he seems to know where everything is, where many of you would get lost in the maze of stuff) he returns with everything and starts packing them up into the pack.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Sgt. Michael Camden "Ace" HP's: 3

Patrick said:
Patrick comes out from the back and smiling to Ace says "Sure thing chief lets see how much ammo you thinking? Two extra clips? Three? Oh yea I took some liberties and instead of our normal black vests and packs I got you guys Desert Gray, but if you camo instead that’s fine… lets see what I can get ya. And a cap, need that in desert camo also? Here you go, with the B.P.R.D. logo and all.”

"Three extra clips would about do it. Desert camo will be fine, if it is no trouble," Michael commented. "One final thing then . . . sunglasses - polarized, anti-glare, non-reflective."

Michael started packing his gear and putting on the equipment, looking fondly at his discarded black leather tranchcoat - which would definitely stand out in the desert, and would be quite hot. As he doubted the quartermaster actually had a leather trenchcoat in desert gray or camo, he didn't even ask about it.

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Keia said:
"Three extra clips would about do it. Desert camo will be fine, if it is no trouble," Michael commented. "One final thing then . . . sunglasses - polarized, anti-glare, non-reflective."

Michael started packing his gear and putting on the equipment, looking fondly at his discarded black leather tranchcoat - which would definitely stand out in the desert, and would be quite hot. As he doubted the quartermaster actually had a leather trenchcoat in desert gray or camo, he didn't even ask about it.

"You bet, 3 extra clips and lets see what else I got here... ah these should do. One for everyone then?" Patrick asks as he pulls out a set of very nice, hi-impact, polarizing, anti-glare, non-reflective sunglasses. [OCC assume that they have 2 points of Sensory Protection]. "Just sign here chief"

"So then anyone else? What's your pleasure people? Any please sign on the dotted lines here. Government work you know, always got to have paperwork in triplicate”

Radiant

First Post
Lia

Acid_crash said:
He mentions not a word, and during the whole briefing he stares at the pictures of the Nazi's with a deep hatred and sadness, and looking in his eyes one can tell that he feels sad about, not only the atrocities that they committed, but the fact that a person stooped to that level in the first place.

She glances at the strange man with slight curiousity, thinking that she was wearing the same signs as the men on the pictures once.
"Now if this isn't ironic."
She makes it a point to stay away from him, despite the changed time this is, or maybe was, her natural enemy.

Patrick said:
"You bet, 3 extra clips and lets see what else I got here... ah these should do. One for everyone then?" Patrick asks as he pulls out a set of very nice, hi-impact, polarizing, anti-glare, non-reflective sunglasses. [OCC assume that they have 2 points of Sensory Protection]. "Just sign here chief"

"So then anyone else? What's your pleasure people? Any please sign on the dotted lines here. Government work you know, always got to have paperwork in triplicate”

Lia takes the set offered to her without even looking at it. She doesn't care for any of these toys. Even the Nazi's had that thing with equipment, must be a general human weakness to depend on it.
At Patrick's offer of even more equipment she just snorts but she suddenly signs one of the papers then the sunglasses come up.
As an afterthought she remembers to say something about it, talking is not something she's used to.

"I'll take too. They often get lost then I ...change."

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
[OCC -if nothing else is requested...]

Patrick wishes you all luck as you head back to the elevator. Taking it to the roof of the building, you are directed to a helipad that is going to fly you to B.P.R.D. private airfield in East Norwalk and you’re waiting corporate jet. After a short 20 minute flight you all pile out with your equipment bundles and head over to the large, fairly new Boeing Business-Class Heavy Jet, that is already warming up near the gate you landed by. The pilot is doing some final pre-flight check up and comes over as you approach. He is in his 30’s, dressed in a causal pilot’s suit, with a red scarf and a scruffy pilot’s hat that says ‘Freaky Flying Skyways’. Nodding and tipping his hat to each of you all he says “Do day to you sirs and madam, Sir Bertram Armstrong Redfield, at your serves. I shall be your pilot for this flight, so please check and store your baggage inside. We will be leaving in 22 minutes, so if you want to stretch a bit, before take-off now would be the time… we have a nice little trip in front of us, but there is a bar and food on board. All the chairs are rather large and should allow you to sleep comfortably. The weather looks good, and I don’t anticipate any problems. Welcome aboard this here flying brick and I do hope we all have a pleasant flight…”

Last edited:

Drakknyte32

First Post
The Red Knight hesitates at the copter before Christopher orders him in. He grudgingly sits in the back and spends the whole time muttering about how if he was meant to fly Merlin would have given him wings. He also tries very hard not to look out the window, who knew constructs could be afraid of heights?

By the time they land at the airport the rust on his armor has taken on a distinctive greenish tint. This becomes even more pronounced when he looks at the jet waiting for them.

"You know what I think we need? A boat, a good sturdy boat. Riding on the ocean waves is a wonderful experience. I'm sure you would all enjoy it much more than flying."

Remove ads