• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Baby > 4e

Zephrin the Lost

First Post
I posted on this once before, how the arrival of our first child and 4e were due around the same day.

The baby was delivered Wednesday night in an emergency c-section. All is well, mother and child are healthy and strong but when I got home today and the amazon packages were in the door I simply couldn't work up that much enthusiasm.

Of course, I'd been awake for nearly 36 hours straight... I'm sure that by Monday I'll be rocking the baby with one hand and rolling up a half-elf rogue with the other. :)

--Z

Agamon

Adventurer
Dude, no one blames you at all. Hell, I've been pumped about 4e, but yesterday after I got the books, went out and played ultimate, then went out for wings and drinks, came home and tried to read a couple of pages of the demo game I'm running tomorrow before zonking out.

You just had a baby and have been up for 36 hours. The books will still be there when you're ready.

Oh, and congrats! :D

maransreth

Explorer
We haven't had the twins yet, still have a few weeks, so 4e beat us to the birth. Which is good as we both went and played in the Gameday module today and had some fun with it.

So congrats on the bub and hope all goes well for the future!

Zephrin the Lost

First Post
Thanks, all!

I'm enjoying some coffee and looking at the boxes now! I'm off to the hospital now to help my wife with the baby today (so my wife can sleep a little!) but will be able to dig in when I return this evening.

hmmm.. anticipation.

--Z

Wombat

First Post
Congrats the baby! :D

And, yes, no matter how much we love our games, our families are more important, especially our new munchkin-sized additions.

Still, once they reach about 4-5, they make wandering monsters for the session! ;)

punkorange

First Post
Congratz. nothing like a new kid. I can't believe mine's almost 5. It flies.

With that in mind, there's plenty of time to read and play. It's like day 3 :D

punkorange said:
Congratz. nothing like a new kid. I can't believe mine's almost 5. It flies.
Awesome! A flying kid? How fast did it learn to walk? Did it speak on the ultrasounds already? ;)

I posted on this once before, how the arrival of our first child and 4e were due around the same day.

The baby was delivered Wednesday night in an emergency c-section. All is well, mother and child are healthy and strong but when I got home today and the amazon packages were in the door I simply couldn't work up that much enthusiasm.

Of course, I'd been awake for nearly 36 hours straight... I'm sure that by Monday I'll be rocking the baby with one hand and rolling up a half-elf rogue with the other.
Congratulations. (I am refering to the baby, just in case ;) )

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads