• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Babylon 5... reboot?

pming

Legend
Hiya!

The scary thing? All the "jokes" about what the CW might do...well... 10 years ago I'd be laughing through and through! Today... more "cold-sweats and trepidation of impending horror".

;)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Zardnaar

Legend
True. Been meaning to check out that Cobra Kai series!

It's so so good. One of the few reboots done well. More of a sequel though.

So B5 reboot be great or complete drivel. One obvious way is sane station and backdrop but different characters for the most part.

Stalker0

Legend
It's so so good. One of the few reboots done well. More of a sequel though.

So B5 reboot be great or complete drivel. One obvious way is sane station and backdrop but different characters for the most part.
An interesting option is, while the main plot points follow the same general beat, B5 had a lot of background episodes and world building type things and perhaps thst is where the heart of the differences could lie

there’s a lot they could switch up there. Covering some of garibaldis past we don’t know, maybe seeing some of Sheridan when he was in Tibet, showing an even creepier side to psi core.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
I have to admit: the more people here talk about how a reboot of B5 could unfold in interesting ways, the more I'm warming to the idea.

Ryujin

Legend
An interesting option is, while the main plot points follow the same general beat, B5 had a lot of background episodes and world building type things and perhaps thst is where the heart of the differences could lie

there’s a lot they could switch up there. Covering some of garibaldis past we don’t know, maybe seeing some of Sheridan when he was in Tibet, showing an even creepier side to psi core.
There's a fair bit of "creepy" that was revealed in Psi Corp, that wasn't expanded upon as much as it might have been. For example, their (what is essentially) eugenics programme, to try and breed stronger telepaths, by forced breeding. Their experiments on existing TPs to try and increase their power levels. We saw what a success could mean, with Jason Ironheart, but not the many, many failures.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

I expect to see new characters, honestly. I don't think they will want to see many direct comparisons, Garibaldi to Garibaldi, Vir to Vir, and so on.

MarkB

Legend
I expect to see new characters, honestly. I don't think they will want to see many direct comparisons, Garibaldi to Garibaldi, Vir to Vir, and so on.
I dunno, I could see JMS using the original characters specifically in order to subvert expectations.

Zardnaar

Legend
I wouldn't mind if some if the old characters are around but in the background perhaps?

Eg Sheridan is the base commander but Bob and Kate are the main characters doing something else.

If the focus is sane characters, different actors yeah may not work.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads