Backdrop: Moonshae Isles

Ethalias

First Post
I've been looking forward to these articles since they were announced. Most of this month I've been waiting impatiently. Fortunately I was not disappointed. Moonshae campaign here I come!

Also, here's hoping the map in the end of month compilation is stuck together! For now, there's selotape.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Plus, it's the Forgotten efffin Reams. My baby, and the campaign setting I first fell in love with back in 1988.

Wouldn't that be the Forgotten elfin Realms? ;)

You know, I'm a Dragonlance fan personally, but my first campaign was in the Realms in the little town of Daggerford. Like many people, I didn't care for the mass changes in the Realms with the 4e time jump. I had seen this happen before with Dragonlance with the Fifth Age products, and that just didn't end well.

Then came along Neverwinter. Rather than this full-blown campaign setting, it was a mini-campaign setting. And I really like it. It was the first time in ages that I considered running the Realms. And hey, I want to read the Salvatore novels too. Neverwinter redeemed the 4e Realms for me.

So when I look at Moonshae, I see a continuation of this tradition. And I like it. Looking forward to reading these articles in greater depth.

BTW, I think this is a good formula for success. I recently played in a game set in the city of Tarsis in Dragonlance that just finished. The more localized campaign really led to a great campaign.

smerwin29

Reluctant Time Traveler
Thanks to everyone for sharing that they have enjoyed both the Backdrop article and Matt's as well. I've always loved the Moonshae Isles as a setting, so it was really a great privilege to be able to be a part of this setting. I'd love to hear people's experiences as they run games there!

Now if we could just get another set of novels located there . . . :-D

Matt James

Game Developer
Mike Schley is the best cartographer, in my book (pun intended). I always ask for him, specifically, when ever I turn over an art order.

The Evil DM

First Post
* Rising from the land of dead threads*

I'm looking for information on the Moonshaes. The articles referenced have been taken down. Does anyone know where I could find this info and maps?
Thanks.

mcmillan

Adventurer
This is the article posted here http://archive.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/dun/201111backdrop
Unfortunately I don't have a quick link to the maps.

If you're tracking down Moonshae info from the DDI era of the Dungeon magazine and Dragon magazine you might be interested in these as well

As well as the player focused article from the same month http://archive.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/dra/201111themes
A background on Sarifal (the city brought to Moonshae from the feywild as part of the 4e cosmology)
http://archive.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/drrl/2009June

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
You can definitely find the maps online. Just Google "Moonshae Isles". I think they're on my blog (my-realms.blogspot.com) somewhere as well. If you can't find them, PM me and I will put them up.

Remove ads