• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Bad Axe] Grim Tales Creature Creation Section

Falanor

First Post
I have a question, when should one apply the modifier for creature density? What is the general rule for such an occasion?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Sorry Falanor, I totally missed this thread.

When to apply it is totally up to you, as the Creature Creator.

Use it for creatures that you think would be tougher and do more damage based on their density-- I think a Xorn would be the classic example, or maybe an Aurumvorax (if you get that reference).

The purpose of changing that modifier is to allow a creature to do more damage with its natural attacks without necessarily changing its size or Strength. (You could, of course, do the exact same thing by just cranking the dice up manually.)

Falanor

First Post
Ahh, so its a bit random when to apply. Gotcha. I'm mainly using it to check some monsters from other games to see if they mesh up well enough for my game. Also, Aurumvorax isn't that from some MUD? I got this nagging feeling that I've run from one before....

Remove ads