BADD- evaluate my dragon DM'ing? (KotSQ, Glacier Season module SPOILERS)

Henry@home

First Post
Before the thread possibly gets closed. I would like to interject one thing here:

I am sorry if anyone took any of my comments as slighting (I don't think anyone did), but we must ALL accept some responsiblity, those of us who participated inthis thread.

It was unfortunate to see personal attacks against PC's and players arise at all. PERIOD. We don't know these people in person, and it is uncalled for to make character judgements on them.

I think Doug (Wee Jas?) may have taken Tom's comment a little too seriously. This plays into the personal attacks from those outside the group - My group makes comments about each other like this all the time, but it certainly doesn't give anyone else a right to make the same comments about them - they don't know them like I know them. :)

It was also unfortunate to see some of the players break the DM's request by reading the thread. I don't believe in "jury tampering" in real life, and I think it is bad to see in gaming, also. (I am referring to introducing information to a person that will affect their opinions and/or decision making.) No matter how much we may decide NOT to act on OOC info, it does affect us, no matter how hard we try.

But I think Ziona hit one thing on the head - a group that doesn't communicate will suffer. But do, keep in mind, Ziona, that having a dragon come after you IS a very plausible consequence for attacking said dragon in its lair. I suggested that myself, with no thought of malice toward any of the PCs or players, because it is the logical consequence of the PC's actions.

Have fun, above all else. And let's PLEASE see no more character judgments on anyone.

Strange to see how such a good thread fell over the cliff so quickly.

Good Gaming, all.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Hum, it seem to me that a lot of trouble would have been avoided if the dragon's lair had been warded from scrying.

I'm sure we can all find a convincing reason to explain why the lair of a great wyrm might be warded, eh? A minor (but very heavy) artifact might be the most fun solution since victorious players could then take the artifact home and get some protection of their own in their stronghold.

Remove ads