• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Baleful Polymorph and Spellcasting

qstor

Adventurer
The text of the spell says that if you suceed on a Will save you're allowed to cast spells. But the text of the Sculpt Sound spell says that a spellcaster turned in a pig can't cast spells with a Verbal descriptor.

So a wizard turned into a frog by Baleful Polymorph can? I'm confused. Has this been in Sage advice?

thanks

Mike

Pasus Nauran

First Post
I'm not sure about the rules on this, but I'd think the same limits apply as with a wildshaped Druid. The transformed caster could cast spells without a verbal componant assuming he has the materials (or has the Eschew Materials feat), and could cast spells with a verbal component if he has the feat to do that (I forget what it's called).

Thanee

First Post
Silent Spell, Still Spell, Eschew Materials. ;)

As a Sorcerer with those feats you could technically still cast most of your spells while transformed into whatever, if you make the Will save, of course.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
As a Wizard with Sudden Silent and Sudden Still you could also cast that one Dispel Magic and I guess there will be a lot of tension in the air, while the die is rolling then... :D

Bye
Thanee

moritheil

First Post
Natural Spell.

Pasus Nauran said:
I'm not sure about the rules on this, but I'd think the same limits apply as with a wildshaped Druid. The transformed caster could cast spells without a verbal componant assuming he has the materials (or has the Eschew Materials feat), and could cast spells with a verbal component if he has the feat to do that (I forget what it's called).

Diirk

First Post
Unfortunately non-druids can't fulfill the prerequisites for that (wild shape ability). And even for druids, the feat doesn't actually help ; it only lets you cast spells while wildshaped, not polymorphed.

So, you'll need sudden/still/eschew depending on the spell in question.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads