Barbarian Chieftain Prestige Class (3.0)

Sertimon

First Post
Zephalon said:
Well, I really meant once, as in once in a lifetime. The Ritual enemy of a tribe has a strong tradition, and can't be changed often, perhaps only once in a generation. Thats why I thought a chieftain may change it once during his reign.

Calling out for a Ritual Hunt is something which I would require to be roleplayed well. The chieftain should for example ask the tribes shaman and their ancestors in case of an "emergency" ritual hunt, such as war.

I wanted to put it at 5th level, as it has the most "prestige" out of all the abilities.

Okay. I figured that you met like once in a lifetime, just wanted to be sure. I guess that this is some kind of blessing from Uthgardt, hence why a chieftain cannot change ritual enemy at whim? Perhaps you should describe the meaning of Ritaul Hunt more throughly if you intend to use it for the Prestige Class. As you explained it to me. Or maybe even explain its importance in the flavor text.

As to where to put it ... it still depends. What happens when the previous Uthgardt Chieftain dies? Does the ritual enemy stay the same or what? Do others still receive this bonus when hunting the ritual enemy? Just a few thoughts that you should perhaps look into.

Zephalon

First Post
Sertimon said:
Okay. I figured that you met like once in a lifetime, just wanted to be sure. I guess that this is some kind of blessing from Uthgardt, hence why a chieftain cannot change ritual enemy at whim? Perhaps you should describe the meaning of Ritaul Hunt more throughly if you intend to use it for the Prestige Class. As you explained it to me. Or maybe even explain its importance in the flavor text.

As to where to put it ... it still depends. What happens when the previous Uthgardt Chieftain dies? Does the ritual enemy stay the same or what? Do others still receive this bonus when hunting the ritual enemy? Just a few thoughts that you should perhaps look into.

I added Ritual Enemy and The Hunt to the class. Changing the Ritual Enemy is now a 5th level, calling out for a Hunt 1st. As Ritual Enemy and The Hunt are probably used only once during a whole campaign they are not overly powerful.

Remove ads