Barbie v. Oppenheimer: YOU DECIDE

Which Movie Will You See In Theaters?

• 1. Barbie. I'm a Barbie Girl, in a Barbie World.

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • 2. Oppenheimer. Now I am become Nolan, the destroyer of box office.

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • 3. Barbieheimer. Why not both?

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • 4. Neither. I only watch Top Gun: Maverick in theaters. Blessed be the Cruise.

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Poll closed .

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
We have been waiting and watching for this day to come. You know the law. Two movies enter, one movie leaves.

On July 21, 2023, we will see an event unprecedented in history. A battle royale for the ages.

In one corner, wearing the black & white trunks, we have the Oppenheimer.
In the opposite corner, wearing hot pink shorts, we have Barbie.
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

The fate of movies, Hollywood, and ... perhaps ... civilization as we know it hangs in the balance. The question posed to you, denizens of Enworld, is simple.

What movie will you watch?

Will you go with the three-hour hard-R of Oppenheimer, trusting in the wizardry of Christopher Nolan to tell the story of the birth of the atomic age?
Or will go with the under two-hour runtime of beloved indie darling Barbie, trusting Ryan Gosling and Greta Gerwig to craft an unmatched story of pink redemption?
Perhaps you will see them both as a double feature, planting your posterior into the movie seats for an experience that has not been had since the glory days of the Roman Coliseum?

....or will you shrug your shoulders at this, the greatest spectacle of all, and say, "Eh, maybe I'll catch 'em on streaming, or something?"

It's a poll. Let us know. Expound upon your answers in the comments so that we may all bask in your wisdom!

Last edited:

Clint_L

Hero
Barbie for sure, and it isn't close. Greta Gerwig films are always fantastic and this in particular seems like a film that will be extra fun upsized to cinema proportions for the extra spectacle. Oppenheimer looks exactly like the sort of film that I am content to wait and see on streaming. Over several nights.

Remove ads