Bard feat - two songs at once?

Dracomeander

First Post
For a feat to allow more versatility from a bard, there is Melodic Casting in Complete Mage.

It doesn't allow multiple bard songs, but it does allow the user to continue a bard song while casting a spell.

Nadaka

First Post
Its a class feature of the ariamagus, a PRC I made a few years ago.

Its the 7th level ability, Chorus of Many Voices: Duet.

http://www.nadaka.us/AriaMagus.txt

Edit: of course I realize that it isn't exactly what the OP asked for, and it isn't viable in a WotC only game. Though I should note that it was originally published in a small magazine called "Aether".

Last edited:

BSF

Explorer
ST Cooley's Enchiridion of Mystic Music has several nifty features for Bards. I highly suggest it. In particular, Point and Counterpoint should fit your needs. Segue is also interesting.

starwed

First Post
Isn't there a bard spell that lets you maintain a bardic music effect without actually performing? That would let you do two at once, unless the spell specifically excludes that possibility.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
taliesin15 said:
this makes the most sense...if you're going to let Bards do 2 songs at once, why stop there, why not 3, 4, or 20? And if you let Bards do this, what's to stop players from whining that Wizards (etc) don't have a similar feat, to allow them to cast 2, 3, 5, 87 spells at once?

Bards can use two bardic music uses at once with special abilities and feats, just like wizards can cast two spells with quicken spell, or even certain prestige classes. I think you just made his point for him.

Remove ads