• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Bard Magical secrets and paladin spells question

Paraxis

Explorer
It is feature not a bug or overpowered. Bards are full spellcasters now and the most versatile spellcasters in the game, they are not just dabblers in magic, they utter the words of creation of the universe, this is why they can cast things like awaken and raise dead normally and any other spell they want with magical secrets. There was a paradigm shift, bards are cool.

kolpo

First Post
Thanks for the clarifications.

Bard also has some cool warlock spells to take. But the bard spell list isn't bad either, it is funny that this is far more what I imagine a controller to be then any of 4th edition so called controllers :)

In Final Fantasy terms, Bards are the Red Mages. In 3e terms, they stand out with the potential to be Factotums. Keep that in mind as well

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I don't think it's overpowered. The bard has drawbacks that makes things like smite not nearly as useful for them as they are for Paladins, who can much more easily wade into martial combat. The risks of a bard using it are about roughly equal to the reward. But...always try something first before concluding it is under or over powered.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
It's purely over-powered.

BALANCE IS FOR COWARDS
tumblr_lzlccvL4dD1qfbxa0o5_400.gif

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads