• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bard multiclass madness

bert1000

First Post
I did a once through of Arcane Power, and saw the cool new options for the Bard that wants to multiclass:

* Combat Virtuoso (feat that lets you use Cha as attack stat for multi class powers)
* Multiclass mastery (feat)
* some good new base multiclass feats
* lots of other arcane class feats that one might want through multiclassing
* Student of the Seven paragon path (this one from PH2)

This seems to give enough of a boost to make the Multiclass Versatility Bard class feature interesting, but I haven't had time to really play with it.

Anyone come up with any cool combinations by using multiple multi class base feats, cherry picking the best effects focused powers (don't have to worry about damage) through multi class feats, etc?

On Puget Sound

First Post
I'm working on a half elf "ultimulti" with high Con, Int, Cha. Feats are:
1. Wizard MC
2. Warlock MC
4. Swordmage MC
6. Novice Power
8. Acolyte Power
10. Adept Power

That's as far as I got before being totally bewildered by the number of possible power choices. Oh, and toss in a paladin, sorcerer or warlord power as the half elf dilettante ability, just to add a 5th class to the mix. And give him a spellscar; he may find a use for it later.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
Combat Virtuoso does not let bards use charisma for damage rolls. Thus there is one power that stands out as the ultimate best choice now for half-elf bards interested in picking up a high-damage dilettante ability: twin strike.

Half-elf bard, virtue of prescience, ranger multiclass, euphonic bow paragon path, twin-strike dilettante, versatile master. You now have your arcane archer.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I created a Bard called "wolf boy" @lvl4
longtooth shifter
13str,13wis,18chr
initiate of the faith
student of battle
initiate of the old faith.

2 enc heals, 2 daily heals and full transformation to wolf.

Klaus

First Post
I planned a half-elf valorous bard that multiclassed more for the feat benefits (benefeats? :D ) than the power swaps, taking the Multiclass feats for Barbarian (+2 damage for an entire encounter), fighter (+1 to an attack and mark), Warden (mark a close burst 1), etc.

bert1000

First Post
Combat Virtuoso does not let bards use charisma for damage rolls. Thus there is one power that stands out as the ultimate best choice now for half-elf bards interested in picking up a high-damage dilettante ability: twin strike.

Good point, but I feel like there are enough powerful status effect only (or mostly status effect, low damage) powers out there now to make this worthwhile in a bunch of cases. I haven't been able to comb the compendium yet, though.

Any others besides twin strike come to mind?

bobthehappyzombie

First Post
The Barbarian at wills have bonus damage buit in.
Rogue sly flourish adds Cha to damage, so it's ok if you have a good dex
The warlord at wills could be strong contenders.
The sorcerer CB at will uses Cha anyway...

Remove ads