D&D 5E Bard Spell List Aid

Tigit

Explorer
Is Aid on the Bard spell list? I see it listed for Bards in other places but I do not see it listed on D&D Beyond?

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Tasha's Guide to Everything expanded the spell lists of various classes. Aid is one of the spells bards now have access to.

I don't make characters on DnDBeyond to check, my guess is that you have to own that book to have the changes listed.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
D&D Beyond says, "available to: Cleric, Paladin, Artificer, Peace Domain."

The thread title meant something more thread-worthy to me. Here's my response to that, to the tune of the 12 Days of Christmas:

"On the eighth day of casting, I memorized for thee:
Animal Friendship,
Bane and Charm Person,
Feather Fall and Sleep,
FIVE IDENTIFIES!
Speak with Animals..."

Tigit

Explorer
D&D Beyond says, "available to: Cleric, Paladin, Artificer, Peace Domain."

The thread title meant something more thread-worthy to me. Here's my response to that, to the tune of the 12 Days of Christmas:

"On the eighth day of casting, I memorized for thee:
Animal Friendship,
Bane and Charm Person,
Feather Fall and Sleep,
FIVE IDENTIFIES!
Speak with Animals.
Blue is correct. Tasha's does expand the bard spell list by 15 spells. I am still contemplating what 1st and 2nd level spells I should take. I am creating a Lore Bard who will be a support character in and upcoming campaign. I am making him a Human with the Guild Artisan Background. He will be a cook which will fit with the Inspirational Leader and Cook feats I am going to take. The Aid spell will give Hit Point Maximum boost which will allow Inspirational leader Temp Hit Points to stack. That is the first part of my build I have come up with. I want to make this a straight Bard build. The problem I am having is pairing the useful spells along with his background of a Guild Cook exploring new places to find new ingredients and recipes. Spells like Comprehend Languages would be useful to him along with it being a Ritual and not having to waste a spell slot casting it. Trying to forge new friendships and alliances is counterproductive to using spells like Charm Person where they would get upset afterwards. Being a support character, healing spells are a given, spells such as Tasha's Hideous Laughter is good as well. But when you only have 5 1st level spells known then what do you take, Detect Magic, Faerie Fire, Longstrider, Dissonant Whispers, or Sleep? Same with 2nd level Spells I get to 4th level and I only get 1 after Aid. Does this make it a better Thread?

Remove ads