• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Bardic Lore Fail: Searching for the Songs of the Realms

So, the release of the D&D Beyond Mobile App beta has gotten me reading the PHB cover to cover again and I've contemplated playing a Bard (if I can get a group together, everyone in my town seems to have a group already) and I wanted to take my RP to the next level and actually learn some songs to sing/hum at the table. I'm also contemplating learn to play the lute, but that may be beyond my means.

Anyhow, here's my problem: all the good bardic-style songs I can find are very grounded in their specific setting, Tamriel, Westeros, where ever Dragon Age takes place, but nothing D&D-based. I was wondering if anyone had composed some tunes based on the lore of the Realms or anything generic enough to fit in. Please and Thank You.

Last edited:

Inxanity

Explorer
Check out the soundtrack for Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor. The track "The Song of Faerun" might be right up your alley.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Some of the James Bond songs could be made to fit.

For my 3e Bard, who came from a province where canals were important to local commerce and culture, I looked up books of songs about the Erie Canal and used them.

Remove ads