• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BarrowMaze 2 at Indiegogo

Indiegogo doesn't seem to get the attention that kickstarter does, and doesn't seem as good (takes your money right away and can't change pledge as far as I can gather) but I found this project:

Barrowmaze II -- Indiegogo

Barrowmaze 1 is a proper humdinger OS dungeon and this looks to add to it. https://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=98978&

Lots of positive reviews, although I haven't fully read it yet I have jumped on BM2, looks like fun. Certainly of a lesser scale than Rappan Athuk, even Dwimmermount, but be interesting to see what comes out.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
IndieGoGo is for people outside of the US (KS requires a US address) and uses paypal, so that's why they take your money right away.

But yeah, that's one I'd like to get in as soon as I can sell some stuff on ebay to get funds in my paypal account.

AH I didn't know that about US. Indiegogo could still take some leaves out of kickstarter's book tho, a much more user friendly experience.

Tharen the Damned

First Post
IndieGoGo is for people outside of the US (KS requires a US address) and uses paypal, so that's why they take your money right away.

Not true, I am german and live in germany and back 5 Kickstarter Projects (e.g. ACKS Companion and Rappan Athuk etc.). You might have to add extra shipping charges to your pledge, but most projects are available for non US residents.
All you need is a credit card and an amazon.com account.

Edit: Spelling of Rappan Athuk

fireinthedust

Explorer
Not true, I am german and live in germany and back 5 Kickstarter Projects (e.g. ACKS Companion and Rappan Athuk etc.). You might have to add extra shipping charges to your pledge, but most projects are available for non US residents.
All you need is a credit card and an amazon.com account.

Edit: Spelling of Rappan Athuk

Actually, what they mean is Indiegogo allows people who don't have a US address to start a Crowdfunding campaign. You can back any project in Kickstarter, that's not the problem. KS does its money through Amazon, however, which needs the US address to receive it, not give it.

So if you, in Germany, wanted to do crowdfunding you'd have to do it through Indiegogo and could not use KS for your project.

Also Indiegogo has the option to let the money flow regardless of whether the campaign reaches its goal. If I don't hit $1 million, I can still collect the $500,000.

kiltedyaksman

Banned
Banned
Hi fellas,

Yes, that's right. I live in Canada and thus cannot host a campaign on kickstarter (although I really wanted to).

If BM is of interest please consider contributing. I've tried to put in lots of extras and fun stuff. The feedback on my blog prior to the campaign was that people wanted stuff they could use at the table - so that's a theme that runs through all the additional perks.

I plan on hosting a few Barrowmaze sessions via google+ in the next two weeks for contributors, if that is of interest. A big thank you to the OP.

nedjer

Adventurer
The IndieGoGo structure comes across as different rather than worse. It can, for example, give an earlier turnaround because funding is available to get started at a much earlier stage. A key think looks to be to check what the plan is if something doesn't make its target, i.e. the money is often kept, so what are the promises under those circumstances.

KS can be run from other countries using a proxy trust company. It's not so hard to set-up, but important to keep an eye on what kind of liabilities you might get caught-up in - especially during the fulfillment process.

Remove ads