• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

barsoomcore: status?

BlackJaw

First Post
How goes it? You did great work on the first chapter design but haven't seen/heard from you in a while. Did you go to gen con without us?!

:)

anyway: just wondering what was up. Also, if were still intending to write a section of vessel chases. You had a cool idea with pilot skill check bidding. Makes me wish I thought of it.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Hey, sorry for dropping off the face of the Internet like that.

Yeah, I did put something together for chases but it's not really working out very well. I heard that Spycraft d20 has some good chase rules -- does anyone know if they're OGL'ed or not?

I'll try and get something up in the next two days. Sorry gang.

BlackJaw

First Post
It's ok, you took on a very very hard job.

We don't expect you to be on here constantly, or to be posting constantly etc.

Just once in a while to let us know your alive and still working on the project. I was afraid you had quit without telling us first.

Also, if you get a bit happy with the chase rules you could post them for us to see. I'll look into the OGC rules from spycraft on my next trip to the game store.

I do still like the idea of bidding pilot checks. Chaser can bid to try and put some space between them and their chaser(s)... if they fail the check, they may crash/etc, and if those chasing pass the check to easily, they might even gain on you... but if you get the check just right, you pass, they don't, and you get some space between you... or maybe if your lucky they could crash while you drive on.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Yeah, I love the idea -- got really stuck though trying to put it together. I've gone back to organizing what's already there and should have Chapter 2: Movement ready over the weekend.

This will include Altitude, Special Maneuvers (Slide, Climb and Dive), Special Vessel Ratings (Minimum Speed, Glide Maneuverability and Speed), Vessel Conditions (Loss of Control and Downward Spiral), Collisions and Stunts.

I've added a third Altitude -- Medium -- and made changing Altitude something a pilot can do once per steer a vessel action. I'm considering some ways to otherwise limit Climb but haven't come up with anything definite yet.

After that it's Combat and that should be it for the "run-time" rules. Then it's Vessel Construction, Characters, Magic and World Construction...

Meh. Almost nothing. ;)

BlackJaw

First Post
when you go over what was once "chapter 5" (the section full of classes and skills and feats, etc) let me know.

I've never been happy with what a previous member of the group wrote for some of that. spicificaly the parts about needing spicific feats for each vehicle etc.

Also we won't be using any (well probably not) of those PrC classes and I don't think the pilot Core class from Dragon star is fully OGC... and it isn't designed to work with out flight rules anyway.

etc.

-----

Good work by the way!

Remove ads