D&D 3E/3.5 base 3.5 beginning at 10th vs 1st / norm vs gestalt ?influence on build

Eman Resu

First Post
How does your build selection vary if you started a campaign at 1st vs 5th vs 10th? Would you stick with same build or would your decision be influenced?

If your group decided to go gestalt with same how would your build vary? Whenever we start a high level campaign I've noticed many of the players will go striaght to spell caster/manefesters?

We stick close to core. The agenda I have is - Ive only played 2 nights of a gestalt campaign. We are starting a new gestalt campaign and this group tends to be a little powergamey! the DM has asked that we produce skeleton versions of the same build at 1st, 5th and 10th level. He will then decide where we will start, why? who knows?

I was working on a cha build because nobody else has and was looking at a combo of 2 or 3 or more of the following
Pal/hexblade/sorcerer/favored soul/warmage ?? When looking at potentials I quickly noticed the differences in class selection if I was starting at 1st to contrast with starting at 10th...hence my curiousity in how you would pick?

Eman Resu

Eman Resu

First Post
Monk wiz??? well I suppose if you make your own magic items it could be strong, just seems like the Monk/Paladin, dependant on to many stats. If your making items to give +4 wis, +4 dex, +4 str and +4 int you'de be pretty darn good.

Hey does anybody know why the Monks fast movement is considered an enchantment bonus and not extraordinary or supernatural? It really sucks! The darn Barbarian w/ boots of speed is our track champion!

Remove ads