Battle Hall of Fame

Komodo

First Post
Just an idea for a category: Most Mobile.

This would be a pain to figure out, though, as someone would have to go back and count movements for everything...

How about Most Accurate? I'd suggest that it be the one with the best ratio of hits vs. total attacks, but there are already several monsters that have hit with one attack, and then died. Maybe if you did hits/misses, so anything that's never missed is exempt, as their fraction would be undefined. Or not.

Gansk

Explorer
Komodo said:
Just an idea for a category: Most Mobile.

This would be a pain to figure out, though, as someone would have to go back and count movements for everything...

How about Most Accurate? I'd suggest that it be the one with the best ratio of hits vs. total attacks, but there are already several monsters that have hit with one attack, and then died. Maybe if you did hits/misses, so anything that's never missed is exempt, as their fraction would be undefined. Or not.

It would need to be something pretty easily measured. Between the Scoreboard and the Hall of Fame, the bookkeeping effort keeps me busy enough.

PJSlavner

Explorer
I have another category: Most Monsters Driven Out of the Arena. This would cover bull rushes, fear effects, plane shifting, etc. As far as I can recall, the maug and the lurking strangler would currently be tied at one in this category, and I seem to remember one monster leaving the arena when it was at zero hit points.

Gansk

Explorer
PJSlavner said:
I have another category: Most Monsters Driven Out of the Arena. This would cover bull rushes, fear effects, plane shifting, etc. As far as I can recall, the maug and the lurking strangler would currently be tied at one in this category, and I seem to remember one monster leaving the arena when it was at zero hit points.

OK, that one is not too bad to keep track of. A bhuka convinced a black widow spider to leave with 0 hit points.

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
And here's another category: Most Under-CR'd Monsters.

Obvious candidates for Under-CR'd include the Fire Falcon, Dog, Baboon, and Maug, but I'm sure I've missed others. Actually, thinking about it, this might be easiest as a scoreboard item, since it'd involve a running tally.

Gansk

Explorer
GuardianLurker said:
And here's another category: Most Under-CR'd Monsters.

Obvious candidates for Under-CR'd include the Fire Falcon, Dog, Baboon, and Maug, but I'm sure I've missed others. Actually, thinking about it, this might be easiest as a scoreboard item, since it'd involve a running tally.

That's a category with a subjective measurement, so unless you wanted to introduce polls, I don't think that I could include it.

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
I think you'll find that it's less subjective than you think. Your first 8 Hall of Fame categories are essentially objective measures of Under-CR'd/overpowered monsters. The few overpowered monsters that don't qualify for any of those at some point are probably going to be immediately obvious in play.

But it's your game, and it'd certainly be hard to be complete.

Gansk

Explorer
Infiniti2000 said:
New category, to be filled shortly: Most creatures eaten (or swallowed): Tendriculos

I'll be happy to add this category, I just need some help to clarify the definition.

Is it swallowed only, or does engulf count as well? Should the gelatinous cube get credit for two creatures?

If the swallowed creature gets out, does that count? Or do they have to die inside the stomach?

Infiniti2000

First Post
Engulfed works, too. And, the creature must die or be counted as defeated while swallowed/engulfed. I'd personally also count summoned monsters, but I guess you can't since they aren't counted as foes (i.e. if the cube engulfed a summoned monster, it wouldn't add to his total). For purposes of the title, though, just calling it swallowed would be okay. Quite honestly, I forgot about the gelatinous hexahedron. :)

Remove ads