• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battle Standards and Solitaire

Syrsuro

First Post
And I can't wait for the first time an opponent uproots the flag (taking a standard action) and then reroots it himself (ditto), switching the benefit from the players to their opponents....

Or am I just evil?

Carl

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
And I can't wait for the first time an opponent uproots the flag (taking a standard action) and then reroots it himself (ditto), switching the benefit from the players to their opponents....

The two detailed in the excerpt are Encounter powers... so once the opponent uproots it and ends the effect, the flag is useless until the user takes a short rest...

-Hyp.

Gloombunny

First Post
I'm not entirely certain what's going on in the picture, but I love the expression on the elf chick's face as she waits for the dude to finish whatever he's so excited about.

Cadfan

First Post
Hmm. None of those really jump out at me. They're good and all that, but they aren't cool.

The battle standards are kind of weird. Five guys need their own flag?

I'll probably skip this book, and just loot what I need from the online compendium. I'll buy in on the martial power book instead- its almost guaranteed that I'll like that.

frankthedm

First Post
Now I have wanted to see Enchanted war banners in D&D for a long time, though these two banners are kinda "Meh". Maybe the others will be cooler.

:confused: Resist 50?!

rkanodia

First Post
:confused: Resist 50?!
I don't get why they would give it resist 50, and then make removing it a standard action, no roll, no opportunity attack, for anyone even adjacent to the banner. Seems like banners will wreck solos and be useless against minion swarms, which is kind of the opposite of how I would expect them to work (if there were going to be a stature-based gradient of effectiveness).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads