• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battle Standards and Solitaire

Pabloj

First Post
I just barely read over the excerpt: is it possible to fight with a one handed weapon and wield a magical standard with the other?

darukaru

First Post
I don't get why they would give it resist 50, and then make removing it a standard action, no roll, no opportunity attack, for anyone even adjacent to the banner. Seems like banners will wreck solos and be useless against minion swarms, which is kind of the opposite of how I would expect them to work (if there were going to be a stature-based gradient of effectiveness).

Makes sense to me. The game is "capture the flag", after all, not "blow up the flag". It's just a little added spice to your combat--if you want a bonus, here's an objective you have to defend.

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
I just barely read over the excerpt: is it possible to fight with a one handed weapon and wield a magical standard with the other?
Actually the powers kick off when the standard is placed.:erm: Holding the banner aloft is not even an option.:-S This is a huge reason why I feel these are "Meh".

"A battle standard’s magic allows it to be set into any solid surface that is not difficult terrain, even rocky ground or a stone floor."

"When you plant the battle standard in your space or an adjacent square, "

"This effect lasts until the end of the encounter or until the battle standard is removed from the ground. "

Bison

First Post
That ring looks like it would be pretty powerful in the hands of a Ranger, Warlock, or a Mage (Laser cleric too :) )

Gloombunny

First Post
If WotC doesn't do it for me, I'll have to make up a feat or something for a warlord to carry a battle standard around in her off hand.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads