• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battlegraph Dry Erase Hex Boards

Longtooth Studios

First Post
The company that brought you the revolutionary Battlegraph Dry Erase Boards is pleased to announce the expansion of it’s product line. Hearing the popular demand from the gaming community, Longtooth Studios proudly presents Battlegraph Hex Boards – beautiful dry erase boards that are scored with a 1 “ hex pattern as an alternative to square grids for those who demand a little more from your gaming surface.

March armies, have harrowing dungeon encounters, or track cross country movement in impressive style with these interlocking hex shaped pieces. Buy them individually, in sets of seven, or go all out and purchase a 24 piece center piece with finished edges. It includes a decorative weave design that is sure to look great on any gaming table! There is even enough room around the border to track conditions of the combat from any direction. Leave these out to make your dedicated gaming table look great, or easily pack them up and reassemble them at any gaming location.
Your friends will be amazed! Creating detailed battlefields with strategic terrain has never been this quick and easy!

Longtooth Studios |

Kafen

First Post
They are the perfect size for many spaceship figures, too. I can see myself picking a few of these sets up, soon. Traveller games should be interesting with them.

Kafen

First Post
Once I get a set, I can see making a hex template to place inside the hex with a string on it for line of sight rulings.

Hex Template -> String <- Hex Template

I have a set for smaller hexes made from plastic. Anyways, thanks for the post. :)

Last edited:

Laslo Tremaine

Explorer
These look really great!

I do have a question though...

A friend and I both have sets of Tac-Tiles and have had differing levels of success with them. My buddy got his set first, and used the bejeezus out of them. For some time he used his without any regard for the surface of the tiles. They rolled dice on them, put glasses on them, used any old cloth or paper towel to clean them. After a while they started ghosting pretty badly and got harder and harder to get clean.

Then in a fit of desperation he tossed his set in the dish washer to see if that would restore them. Unfortunately, it did the opposite. They are now completely ruined and the dry erase markers leave basically permanent marks on the tiles. He had to retire them. Very sad. :(

I have learned from his mistakes, and treat my set with kid gloves. No rolling on the tiles. No cups or glasses on the tiles. No metal mini bases on the tiles, etc. Fortunately for me, my set seems to be holding up. They ghost a bit, but come clean with dry erase board cleaner after they start looking too bad. Although my players roll their eyes every time I harp about being careful of the surfaces...

So my question is: How do BattleGraph tiles hold up over time? Will I have to be so paranoid with them? I understand the various wetness issues, and can deal with that. And seeing the Longtooth blog post about dry erase crayons (and being a long-time player of EuroRails type dot-to-dot with crayons games) I am thinking about going that direction if I get a set of Battlegraph tiles.

I don't use my Tac-Tiles much any more since we mainly use hex based maps now, so I am pretty stoked about these new Battlegraph hex tiles.

Longtooth Studios

First Post
First of all, I highly recommend the crayons. They are simply amazing! I honestly have not used a marker in my game since I started using them.
They are a bit harder to wipe off, but you don't have to go through any added trouble to stack them. This is great when time runs out and you need to save the map till next week.

The coating is baked on, and is very resilient. (I really need to add that little bit to the explanation on the web site.) I have not had any trouble with normal use, and for the last couple of years have stood up to regular erasing without ghosting. I use denatured alchohol occasionaly if they get too much cheesy poof or pizza grease, and the best eraser I have found is just a clean dry cloth.

The only pampering I do with them is to carry them in a case surrounded by foam on all sides of the stack. Enough foam to provide a slight bit of pressure when I close the case. That's because I like to just toss my gear into the van and head out to my game. I don't place anything between the boards, and they do great.

I use my set every week in my own games and swear by them. The versatility and speed of set up just makes my games go so much smoother.

How many times has the action started to run off your map in one direction or another and you are forced to erase your map and redraw? This is not a problem with Battlegraph boards. You simply add a few extra boards if you have them on hand, or you erase the parts that have already been explored and move them to the front. Its like having a scrolling battle map that stays in the center of the table.

I will be the first to let everyone know if I start seeing any issues. I want everyone to be informed about the life expectancy of the product.

Longtooth Studios

First Post
Images

hex_single_v1.jpg

hex_single_v2.jpg

hex_7_v3.jpg

hex_7_v2.jpg

hex_7_v4.jpg

hex_7_v5.jpg

hex_set_v1.jpg

hex_set_v4.jpg

hex_set_v5.jpg

kitsune9

Adventurer
These are so awesome! I got to get me a set. Are you the same guys who bought the Tact-tiles IP? Are your battle boards compatible with my tact-tiles?

Longtooth Studios

First Post
These are so awesome! I got to get me a set. Are you the same guys who bought the Tact-tiles IP? Are your battle boards compatible with my tact-tiles?

Battlegraph boards were independently developed.

Battlegraph boards are designed so that the cut will fall on the lines as much as possible to maximize the continuity of the grid.

Thank you for the supporting comments! We think they belong on every gaming table!

Remove ads