• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BattleMaps and D&D Insider

brad-pet

Explorer
Nebulous said:
keep_lvl1

keep_cu

This is amazing ! :D
I'm sad that we can't share these maps ...
It would have done my life simpler ...
I don't understand why WoC don't propose these maps for download on their site. We need them to run KotS.

Last edited:

Nebulous

Legend
Who knows, maybe they are planning to release them once the DDI becomes available, i just don't know. You would think they'd mention it by now though. By letting them know this is something we're interested in, it might happen, even if it's for modules down the road. Cobbling together random Dungeon tiles just isn't the same thing, especially considering how many packs you would have to buy to complete this map.

Wuffr

First Post
Great work Nebulous :)

Was really thinking about going with Insider. Great help for me as a new DM (Going through my first campaign in 3.5 - Red Hand of Doom). And I thought it would have printable maps. Without maps, I dont really know.

Think Ill give one of the maptools a go.

phloog

First Post
Nebulous said:
Who knows, maybe they are planning to release them once the DDI becomes available, i just don't know. You would think they'd mention it by now though. By letting them know this is something we're interested in, it might happen, even if it's for modules down the road. Cobbling together random Dungeon tiles just isn't the same thing, especially considering how many packs you would have to buy to complete this map.

Maybe WOTC is hoping that fans will do all this work (as seen here)...because then you can upload it to their site for them, and they'll own your work 100%!

Seriously, this is some awesome mapping you've done here, but I do wonder how much WOTC is relying upon their rather interesting 'you make it, we own it' philosophy to provide content.

tintagel

Explorer
Fantasygrounds it pretty good, but I'm a bit more inclined to the functionality of d20pro. (http://www.d20pro.com). It has the basic tools, like fog of war, login via IP address, chat tools, and map imports, but it also tracks initiative, hit points, lets you put in attacks and even at will / per init (encounter) / per day and charged abilities (4th Ed, anyone?). It also tracks effects, like bonuses to hit, AC, temporary hit points, etc.

It's designed for 3.5, but it's easy to move it to 4th. They offer a fully functional 14 day trial too. Here is a screenshot of a 4th Edition game I ran at Origins just last week, just to give you an idea of what it looks like. (It was a conversion of the ToEE moathouse)

Last edited:

Great help for me as a new DM (Going through my first campaign in 3.5 - Red Hand of Doom). And I thought it would have printable maps. Without maps, I dont really know.
Have you seem the thread with resources for RHoD on the WotC forums? There's tons of maps and other great stuff.

tintagel

Explorer
Well, I bought H1, and I had to make some scans in order to get the maps into d20pro. I have all of the maps done so far except for the 2nd level, and that should be done this weekend.

I posted them on my Mad Mapper site, if anyone wants them. I've stitched together the poster maps and re-created the whole Level 1 map from various scans in the book. I also Photoshopped the notes and keys out of the maps (like miniature placement and such) so the player's wouldn't be tipped off.

Hopefully, some of you other Virtual Tabletop users will find some use for these. They might be high enough resolution to print too. Click the thumbnail for the link.

tintagel

Explorer
Shadowfell Keep Level 2 is done, and that's the last one. The poster maps are at 100 dpi and the dungeons at 50 dpi. ENJOY!

WoTC... get on the ball so your fans don't have to do this...

Remove ads