• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battlemind article out

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Hey, it's a defender I actually want to play!

The other defenders haven't appealed to me, but I love this. Maybe it's my love of psionics. . but the Speed of Thought power alone was enough to hook me.

fuzzlewump

First Post
"When a racial trait grants you an at-will attack power of your choice and you choose an augmentable at-will attack power, the power loses both the augmentable keyword and its augmentations."

Did we already know that? That seemed up for discussion recently.

It's the first class that actually uses Constitution as its primary attack ability score! (Warlock shares Charisma and Constitution). I wasn't expecting this for Psionics, more ofr Elemental Classes. But then, I never quite expected the 3E "Egoist" or what it was called that used Constitution for his powers...

Prestidigitalis

First Post
Okay, I know the WotC people are the experts... But does it really make sense to add a paragraph of text and a table to show how many Power Points are gained at each level when they could just say "You start with 2 power points. You gain 2 additional power points at 3rd, 7th, 13th, 17th, 21st, 23rd, and 27th level?" All that extra space taken up because they think it's important to limit Power Point gain to only 1 at 13th level?

Either they see far deeper into the void than I do, or that's just silly.

Flipguarder

First Post
Either they see far deeper into the void than I do, or that's just silly.

I don't think they see, I think they sort of imagine whats going to be an issue later and blindly attempt to clarify possible future issues.

In my mind it definitely doesn't need that much space. Maybe they needed page filler.

Prestidigitalis

First Post
I don't think they see, I think they sort of imagine whats going to be an issue later and blindly attempt to clarify possible future issues.

In my mind it definitely doesn't need that much space. Maybe they needed page filler.

Just to clarify -- what I 'm getting it is that they need to devote so much space to it because they introduced that one irregularity into the pattern: only 1 Power Point at level 13. I can't imagine why they thought it was necessary to do that.

Flipguarder

First Post
Just to clarify -- what I 'm getting it is that they need to devote so much space to it because they introduced that one irregularity into the pattern: only 1 Power Point at level 13. I can't imagine why they thought it was necessary to do that.

Why couldn't it be? Thats just as possible as any limit on power. Think that after a certain point they thought Battleminds had too many power points, and decided to lower the number they got. Think that you saw the power descrepancy showed up usually around level 13-15. Whered o you lower the number of power points they get.

Remove ads