Battleminds: OK defenders, fantastic... strikers?

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Surprise surprise, a multi attack power that scales disproportionately well with per-attack damage bonuses.

It's been this way since the PHB hit, and wizards don't look like they care to change it.

However the reality is that brutal barrage is hardly the poster child for this sort of abuse. The fact that it is fixed damage means that it can't benefit from the majority of the really big boosters.

MrMyth

First Post
They basically assumed Brutal Barrage was fine because it didn't let you add 'most' damage bonuses (those that add to damage rolls.) But you can still take advantage of vulnerabilities, Headsman's Chop, and things like that.

I'm playing in a game where a friend has a Battlemind designed for damage, using the frost-feats, Headsman's Chop, etc. It's pretty absurd when it gets going.

And, really, it is my main problem with how WotC handled the Psionic classes. i think the core of the system is fine. I think they didn't remotely have enough quality control over the actual power design, and thus left a lot of classes with easy and abuseable choices.​

Remove ads