• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battlestar Galactica #14:Blood on the Scales/Season 4 Finale/2009

Another great episode.

The scene with "I never pulled the pin" was funny. I was wondering "why is Starbuck taking cover" until I realized that she was waiting for the grenade explosion.

And Adama might look amazing to us, but how does he look for the fleet:
- Zarek reports he and his XO have been executed.
- Moments later, Adama and Tigh move in onto the CiC and take over.
- "Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated." ;)

I still liked Gaeta, even if he was on the wrong path, and somehow, his end was pretty satisfying. He died, but he seemed to be at peace. But it seemed, so was Zarek. :(

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
But it seemed, so was Zarek. :(

Zarek lead a failed coup and was executed by the military. He gets to go out as a revolutionary and martyr. Think back to the prior episode where Adama threatened to expose him as a corrupt politician. This way he dies with his carefully crafted image intact.

Zarek lead a failed coup and was executed by the military. He gets to go out as a revolutionary and martyr. Think back to the prior episode where Adama threatened to expose him as a corrupt politician. This way he dies with his carefully crafted image intact.

No, he doesn't. He stands there as a liar and murderer.

He ordered the execution of the Quorum, which is easy to find proof now. There are at least three witnesses on that order (well, two soldiers following the order and one mutineer in the vicinity), one of them definitely on Adamas side now.
He claimed that Tigh and Adama had been killed, moments later they appeared on the CiC and announced over the wireless that the mutiny was over and he was in command again.

Gaeta was all about doing the right thing, but a lot of the times he made all of the wrong choices. Well at least he cared enough to keep his boyfriend Hoshi out of his whole mutiny plot, but he brought a lot of the wrong people in, probably the worst of all being Zarek. Who would was guaranteed to bring the mutiny down the wrong path, especially the moment he turned it into an outright coup taking out the Quorom. I think somewhere he knew of the consequences, but didn't want to fully acknowledge what might actually happen.

Anyways, if the preview on Space shows anything, it seems that near death experiences seem to make the Final Five remember everything. As we have Anders telling Starbuck he remembers everything about Earth. And I got to wonder, if Ellen Tigh happens to be on a Basestar with Cavil and the others.

I think it would be best to put information from the previews in spoiler tags. I usually avoid the, and I am sure I am not the only one. ;) Of course, it turns out that the previews like to mislead us often, but I prefer to live as spoiler-free as possible.

Fast Learner

First Post
I think it would be best to put information from the previews in spoiler tags. I usually avoid the, and I am sure I am not the only one. ;) Of course, it turns out that the previews like to mislead us often, but I prefer to live as spoiler-free as possible.

Same here, I make a point to never watch the previews. The Ellen info above was unwelcome, even though I brought her up.

catsclaw227

First Post
I loved the last two episodes. Gripping drama and the acting was top-notch.

I really hope the Emmy's get a handle on this. It's one of the best shows on TV.

GSHamster

Adventurer
I still liked Gaeta, even if he was on the wrong path, and somehow, his end was pretty satisfying. He died, but he seemed to be at peace. But it seemed, so was Zarek. :(

I read it as Gaeta was trying to do the right thing in a way, and got tangled up in his emotions and his leg, and with how far things got. At the end, all those things were resolved and his smile was of someone at peace.

Zarek, meanwhile, knew exactly what he was doing, and was playing to win. His smile was one of ruefully accepting that he was outplayed by Adama/Roslin, and accepting his loss and the consequences. No illusions in victory, and no illusions in defeat.

Imo, BSG is at it's best when it isn't concentrating on the mythology so much, and is focusing more on the military and political situations.

Remove ads