Battlestar Galactica-Final Season (4) 4/18/08--The Ties That Bind

Sir Brennen

Legend
As for the missed opportunity for drama with Cally... now we have how the other Finals react when they figure out what really happened. So you'll have conflict amongst the cylon fleet and amongst those on Galactica...

Also, while the series sometimes took its time exploring some of these dramatic avenues, I think this, the final season, will be a bit more plot driven - though the level of character drama will still remain high.

When Tori was talking to Tyrol in the bar, was she hitting on him or not? Tyrol might not have recognized or cared for it, but she was certainly very... friendly. ;)

Tori also talked about experiencing new emotions since she knew she was a Cylon - maybe she's now exploring them, and of the feelings she had was murder. Instead of following a hidden program, she might just be in a dangerous emotional state. Or because she is a cylon she feels empowered to do things she never risked doing in her normal life, but now she feels she's no longer bound to human morals?

dravot

First Post
Here's an easter egg for you:

Battlestar Wiki :

"The constellation Orion appears in this episode. It is clearly visible in the background of the basestars shortly before Cavil's ships begin to attack, and may be visible when Cally looks out the window in the launch tube shortly before she is confronted by Foster. This would indicate that both fleets are relatively close to Earth. However, for them to see Orion in the same two-dimensional configuration as from Earth, they would have to be within a few light years of Sol and in a relatively narrow corridor between it and Orion. "

For some reason, my image isn't inserting into this post.

Here's a link to it: Basestars/Orion

Last edited:

satori01

First Post
Someone else mentioned it, but I think it bears repeating: Cylons seem to have an imperative to save half human/cylon children.

I also think it interesting to hear Cally say she was not able to sleep since they reached the nebulae....could it be we witnessed Cylon on Cylon violence yet again. Perhaps under the anti depressants Cally never fully received the All Along the Watchtower assemble signal.

Blastin

First Post
One other thing I seemed to notice: At the end, in the scene with Adama and Tyrol, I don't remember seeing the baby. Might be that Tori has the baby hidden away and everyone BUT her thinks Cally AND the baby went for the walk, just the baby hasn't been found. I think this because, otherwise, how is Tori going to be able to explain how Cally is dead and Tori has the baby? I guess she could say she found the baby outside the airlock, but that seems kinda lame....

Mark Hope

Adventurer
satori01 said:
Someone else mentioned it, but I think it bears repeating: Cylons seem to have an imperative to save half human/cylon children.
Indeed. And they don't care how evil they have to be in order to do so ;)

satori01 said:
I also think it interesting to hear Cally say she was not able to sleep since they reached the nebulae....could it be we witnessed Cylon on Cylon violence yet again. Perhaps under the anti depressants Cally never fully received the All Along the Watchtower assemble signal.
If this is true, it would mean that Final Five Cylons can breed, something that Significant Seven Cylons cannot do. Maybe she was just getting feedback from Tyrol, though - she need not actually be a Cylon. Whatever, the case, there are several questions that remain unanswered about the nebula, her insomnia being one of them.

Blastin said:
One other thing I seemed to notice: At the end, in the scene with Adama and Tyrol, I don't remember seeing the baby. Might be that Tori has the baby hidden away and everyone BUT her thinks Cally AND the baby went for the walk, just the baby hasn't been found. I think this because, otherwise, how is Tori going to be able to explain how Cally is dead and Tori has the baby? I guess she could say she found the baby outside the airlock, but that seems kinda lame....
Good point. This will be something worth checking up on tomorrow, assuming that they address it...

On a less imteresting note:
Was it just me or did we see less cut corners? I think none of the documents seen in Karas scenes featured them.

Maybe the Colonial orginal paper supply has gone out and now they are creating their own, and with their limited supplies they stopped wasting paper? Or did the prop guys just sleep? Is it a silent retcon?
Inquiring minds
that desperately await the next episode
demand to know
to make some wild, unfounded speculations
!

LightPhoenix

First Post
Not much to add.

I'm glad Cally's gone. She was good in the first season, but I couldn't stand her afterward.

Evil Tori doesn't really do it for me either.

Lee is the epitomy of law and order (CHUNG CHUNG). That's why he called out Roslin - she was doing unlawful things. He's literally the anti-Starbuck.

Joker

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
On a less imteresting note:
Was it just me or did we see less cut corners? I think none of the documents seen in Karas scenes featured them.

Maybe the Colonial orginal paper supply has gone out and now they are creating their own, and with their limited supplies they stopped wasting paper? Or did the prop guys just sleep? Is it a silent retcon?
Inquiring minds
that desperately await the next episode
demand to know
to make some wild, unfounded speculations
!

Maybe Keira brought paper back from Earth.

Remove ads