• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BattleStar Galactica S2/E7 08.26.05

John Crichton

First Post
Wolf72 said:
I wonder how this episode will stand up against the BAB5 version
I imagine it'll be a bit different in tone but still have a few similarities. The B5 ep all about very clear propaganda, manipulation and pandering. The BSG version will probably be a bit more grey. Either way, it's bound to be an interesting "outsider" look at the show's goings on.

John Crichton

First Post
fett527 said:
The other thing I enjoyed was the more laid back Starbuck. she wasn't the focus and there was no real intense scene with her and it was nice to see that. It was nice to see Katie Sackhoff do some more subdued acting. I really liked her expression when facing Adama again.
As much as I enjoy Starbuck's usual antics and brashness, it was cool to see her in a more reactionary role than a proactive role. She also seemed *tired*, meaning that the character's recent ordeals have taken a heavy toll and she needs to recharge. Both Adama's got to take the proactive role this time around so Starbuck wasn't needed. The Old Man took a step back and went with the rational approach. Apollo simply kept aiming for the target and got there.

Good character mix if you ask me. We've got the extended family going on with the Adama's, Starbuck, Roslin and Baltar (as the crazy uncle/brother/cousin). With that core of characters the show can sustain itself for some time.

Wolf72

Explorer
I wonder if this is where the series gets to take a leap from the cylons (they'll always be there), ... they have a destination in mind now. I'd like to see what continues to happen on the colonies too (and not just caprica).

It was suggested by someone that the Old Man was potentially the dying leader in the scriptures. I don't remember who said it or which thread it was... but I felt like this last episode sort of played into that notion. Don't think that I believe that he is the leader in the scriptures, but it's definately an interesting possibility. *shrug*

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
It was suggested by someone that the Old Man was potentially the dying leader in the scriptures. I don't remember who said it or which thread it was... but I felt like this last episode sort of played into that notion. Don't think that I believe that he is the leader in the scriptures, but it's definately an interesting possibility. *shrug*
I wouldn't be surprised to learn later, perhaps much later, that Adama is hiding a terminal illness, either acquired through his recent ordeal or something else. Adama strikes me as the kind of man who wouldn't want others making a big deal over it, and also someone who wouldn't give a second thought to the possibility that he was some kind of prophecied savior in scripture. But if this becomes true, and Roslin learns of it, I'd be interested to see her reaction, since it could plant a seed of real doubt in her mind as to whether he or she is the chosen one.

John Crichton

First Post
sensate said:
The chosen one is supposed to be a woman.
Perhaps you're thinking of Buffy. ;)

I don't believe anywhere in the prophecy is there a gender specificied. But if there is something I'm missing please quote it or link it or something. Could have sworn that it was just "a leader with a wasting ailment" or somesuch...

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Perhaps Adama's hiding his terminal illness...and the fact that he's a woman. :eek:

It would explain him being all tough and deposing the President one minute, then turning around, getting all mushy and calling the fleet his family the next.

On a more serious note: Baltar cannot just be crazy. If he is, he's also prophetic. He has known things that he could not have possibly known if a little cylon didn't whisper it in his ear. I did enjoy watching Six mess with him, though.

And I love the ship's doctor. He is turning into one of my favorite side characters.

Remove ads