• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battlestar Galactica:Season 2; Part 4 NSCR/8.5.05

ecliptic

First Post
It's time for Adama to lay the smack down on Roslin and her attempt of splitting the forces.

I see Adama fully backing Tigh's decisions.

I could see one of two things happening. One, forcing the entire fleet to split apart. Those loyal to Roslin going their own way and those loyal to Adama going theirs. Two causing an outright civil war losing thousands of civilians. Roslin is acting on her belief that she is somehow a profit and it is literally destroying the fleet.

Apollo disreguarded his agreement of parole. Tigh should have destroyed the shuttle.

This entire thing smells of cylon meddling.

DM_Matt

First Post
So is Gata trying to draw out the Indian-looking girl (forgot her name) by lying to Tigh about the secret communications in front of her, is is he also on Roslin's side?

DM_Matt said:
So is Gata trying to draw out the Indian-looking girl (forgot her name) by lying to Tigh about the secret communications in front of her, is is he also on Roslin's side?
I think he's on D's side, but not necessarily on the Roslin's.

I've liked Cally's character from the very start, and man did she jump out into this one. Next week's going to be good...even if Adama wanted to pull things together, its pretty much impossible now.

John Crichton

First Post
Mmmm. Loyalties divided. Good stuff.

I particularly enjoyed the scene where Billy couldn't stomach going along with Roslin and the escape plan. He's such a simple a loyal guy (one of the few on the show) and that act really spoke to *how* bad things have gotten and will get.

When the Old Man starts picking up the pieces and seeing the fingerprints he's gonna be awfully pissed at many people. He's lost Starbuck and he's lost his son so essentially his family is missing or simply lost to him. I really can't wait to see how he responds to all this. I'll continue to say it: he's the heart of the show (not to mention the fleet) and it revolves around him. Say what you will about politics (I won't as it's not my arena) but when the heart stops beating, the rest of the ship and fleet essentially started shutting down.

I also enjoyed the scenes on Caprica. It makes sense that there would be a few other survivors, I guess. Anyway, the explanation was good enough for me. It will be interesting to see how the new troops will be used and how many (if any) will make it back to Galatica. I could see Starbuck coming back with (let's say) half of them and their loyalties. Could be interesting to add another faction to the mix.

As for the overall show, I have some pretty good ideas of what I like about it but it's nice that other notions are not so easily dismissed. I like TV that makes me think a little. :)

sensate

First Post
cignus_pfaccari said:
But did she just toss that out there, or was it true? After all, Baltar had no way of knowing.

Also, how long until someone starts on the "Cally is a cylon!" schtick? (20 seconds? 30?)

Brad

Notice that before Boomer gives up the number of Cylons that Baltar is countion down from 10. He got to nine and then Boomer shouted out "Eight!". Sounds to me like she was just guessing.

How would she know anyway. The Ceylons couldn't have know which ships would survive the initial onslaught or who would which survivors would end up where. I think they had many sleeper agents all over the colonies and some of them just happened to end up with the survivors.

Wolf72

Explorer
I liked how Adama gently told Tigh that his wife has no place offering any kind of advice.

next week looks to be interesting.

I hope Starbuck and Helo bring some reinforcements for Galactica ...

I wonder if Baltar will use Boomer for experiments?

dravot

First Post
Wolf72 said:
I liked how Adama gently told Tigh that his wife has no place offering any kind of advice.
That was awesome, and so true.

Wolf72 said:
I wonder if Baltar will use Boomer for experiments?
I'm fairly certain that she's dead.

I was pretty confused by Baltar's blackmail of Boomer (by using Tyrol), and his admission to her that he let her go on purpose, but I think I understand now. Baltar felt cornered by Tigh's accusations and needs an out, and now he knows how many scapegoats to find.

As a followup, he either guessed at Callie's behavior, or he prompted her to do the shooting, to remove Boomer from the equation.

As a side note: someone on TWOP said that the guy who plays Billy is up for a part on a new WB show, so they needed a way to exit him gracefully from the storyline if he moves to the other show.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Cool. Can the cylon on BSG just be re-booted if you refill her blood, plug a few holes, and then shoot some current thru her? Were we supposed to generate some sympathy for her?

I'm glad Adama is back, he does look like he is going to support Tigh's basic command, if probably not all his decisions. Were the crew that helped the President escape disloyal to Tigh or loyal to the Pres(we know the answer for a few)? How long until Tom Zarek tries to have Roslin killed? And you know she is going to go out and whip up massive support from the civilians and Adama is going to comprimise command with her again. How does this all get fixed without some good characters getting written out of the show?

Just watched the preview for next week...Interesting.

Oh, and man is Tigh's wife a P.O.S. I was thinking when they started slapping each other around and getting hot "what a couple of pathetic wrecks!".

LightPhoenix

First Post
What I found highly interesting is that Tigh really isn't a bad commanding officer - he's shown time and time again that he actually does have the ability to do it, he just needs a bit more confidence in himself. For example, his plan to get all the captains together and explain his decision - spot on. Then he lets people tell him he doesn't know what to do, caves in to t he pressure, and all of the sudden he's on the bottle, making a mess of things.

The scene with Baltar and Valerri I really didn't see coming. Zarek, sure, know he'd be there. I was pretty sure Billy wouldn't go with the President. I knew Callie was going to do something rash as soon as she started beating up that guy. But Baltar using Tyrol to get information, and his whole clinical, detached manner beforehand... damn.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads