• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battlestar Galactica: Season 2 Part 8; NSCR/9.9.2005

Fast Learner

First Post
So...

Where were those Cylons sitting in that end sequence? Because... where did they get the tape from? Uploaded as a file attachment from CylonXena, somehow?

And did the two Cylon ships have anything to do with uploading data, or was it all for manipulation of the crew in order to create the ideal video?

Is it possible that the BSG CyclonXena is a sleeper?

If BSG CX (CylonXena) knows that Baltar is in touch with the Cylons, somehow, then her general disinterest in an interview with him would be understandable.

drothgery

First Post
Thornir Alekeg said:
Was not expecting the Lucy Lawless as cylon twist. Is that humanform #6?

Eh. I thought there was a fair chance she was a Cylon. I didn't expect it to be revealed this episode, though.

As for they Cylon-count. We've got #1 from the movie, #2 is Six, #3 is Boomer, #4 as the guy that was captured this season, #5 as the doctor, and #6 as Lucy Lawless; I'm not sure if the guy who was occasionally with Six & Boomer on Caprica was another copy of #1, #4, or someone else.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
drothgery said:
#5 as the doctor
... you mean the vice president/doctor with visions, Baltar? Or the smoking old guy doctor? I'm not sure why the old guy would be and I think you mean Baltar. I don't think Baltar can be a for certain Cylon model just yet.

ThirdWizard

First Post
Here's my cylon count

1. "Arms dealer" from the miniseries & captured cylon who told the president Adama was a cylon
2. Six
3. Boomer
4. Guy Gaius implicated as a cylon in the miniseries & suicide bomber & guy on Caprica with Six
5. Doctor who operated on Starbuck
6. Lucy Lawless

ThirdWizard

First Post
Fast Learner said:
So...

Where were those Cylons sitting in that end sequence? Because... where did they get the tape from? Uploaded as a file attachment from CylonXena, somehow?

At the end of the episode she said "The last two raiders got the images back from the fleet." That's our only real explaination for how the cylons got it. I do think the LL character is a sleeper cylon within the fleet who sends info like Boomer did sabotage.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
ThirdWizard said:
At the end of the episode she said "The last two raiders got the images back from the fleet." That's our only real explaination for how the cylons got it. I do think the LL character is a sleeper cylon within the fleet who sends info like Boomer did sabotage.

I was kinda wondering about that. IIRC, there were only two Raiders that attacked during the show, when the film wasn't quite finished filming yet. Also, those two were shot down, which would kind of make their ability to relay video difficult. Perhaps there were more later, off-screen? Perhaps they have another pair dogging the fleet outside the DRADIS and CAP detection ranges?

(Do you ever wonder if the writers/producers have explanations for all of this?)

Brad

ThirdWizard

First Post
cignus_pfaccari said:
(Do you ever wonder if the writers/producers have explanations for all of this?)

My guess is that it was merely a handwave to show that that was not the same cylon as the one that filmed and edited the broadcast. I wasn't sure if it was the same one until I rewound (yay TiVo!) and listened the conversation a bit more closely.

I don't listen to the podcasts, though, so I could be wrong. I hear they're quite informative.

Kesh said:
Now I just want to hear one of the Cylons say, "By your command," and i'll be happy. ;)
In the miniseries another copy of Boomer walked onto the station with a bunch of Doral, Leoban and Six model cylons, and said, "Don't worry we'll find them eventually."

Then Number Six responded with, "By your command."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads