• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battletech - Blood of Kerensky

Arkhandus

First Post
Well, screw it. It is impossible for me to figure out if the wierd angle between me and the Madcat would even allow either of us to fire on one another.

Johan makes a twisting turn with his Stone Rhino, moving a bit to the west to get a slightly better view of his opponent.

Move 2 hexes to 33,17, running and turning. Facing southwest. Torso-twist to face south (?) so the Timberwolf/Madcat may be within my firing arcs. Johan will be trying to fire on the Timberwolf/Madcat with all four of his weapons, if possible. I do not know if the target will be outside my arm gauss firing arcs, or my torso laser firing arcs.

Darimaus

First Post
Trial #3:

No shooting phase for Dire Lemming and the Battle Cobra.

Johan Shooting Phase:

OOC: Torso Twisting is not required, he is in your firing arc. I want to try and help you to understand firing arcs better. Take hex 33,18 to Hexes 33,34 and highlight them and everything in between. Likewise for Hex 32,16 straight to Hex 18,09. That is your firing arc.

Johan's Difficulty: You Ran (+2), He ran 7 Hexes (+3), Gunnery (3), Targeting Computer (-1)

2x ER Large Laser = 6
2x Gauss Firle = 6

Attacks:
Attacks:

Johan fires his shot straight and true, 2 shots slamming into the center of the Mad Cat approaching him, while a Guass rifle slug burries into the Mad Cat's leg.

Mad Cat's Difficulty: It Ran (+2), Gunnery (+3), Range (Varies), Pulse (-2)

ER Large Laser = 5
ER Medium Laser = 5
2x LRM 20 = 5

Attacks:
Missile Hit Table: = 12 Hits
AMS: = 8 Missile destroyed
Hit Locations:

The Mad Cats fire peppers Johan's mech, but fails to do anything significant.

Center Torso: 7 Damage, 37 Armor Remaining
Right Arm: 10 Damage, 21 Armor Remaining
Right Leg: 4 Damage, 33 Armor Remaining

Movement Phase:

The Mad Cat remains on hex 31,23

The Battle Cobra runs 9 Hexes to 27,17

Your Turns.

Darimaus

First Post
Fenris2 said:
I believe he mentioned somewhere he was out of town for a few more? days...

OK, when we get into actual missions, I was going to add in an NPC ruling where if PCs were gone for a certain period of time, I would NPC their round. However, this trial is about PC skill and impartiality. So I propose this option to you Fenris2. You can split your trial and go completely seperate from Brother Allard. This prevents any form of a decent Grand Melee, but won't matter if you didn't plan on making it one.

Arkhandus

First Post
(Brother Allard is still fairly busy at work lately, from what I gather by his posts in Jemal's Final Fantasy J thread.

Thanks for clearing up the firing arcs confusion, Darimaus.

Different question though: Are the Timberwolf/Madcat's lasers Pulse, or Extended-Range? I know they have different visual appearance when fired, but your description for them alternates (targeting part says Pulse, the rest says ER), so I am uncertain which kind they are supposed to be.)

"So, this old trainer has a bit of spunk left in him! My victory will be all the more satisfying this way." Johan smirks and stands his ground, firing the twin gauss rifles and left laser, allowing some of the rising heat in his cockpit to dissipate. His Stone Rhino cools down after a brief heat spike from the left laser, while a few minor burns and pockmarks marr his BattleMech's red and grey paint, smoking and crackling a bit as the metal cools off, a few rivulets of melted ferro-steel dripping onto the ground.

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Asher smirks as the enemy 'Mech slowly makes it's way closer. Hoping to goad it on, he pokes Zilpah's "nose" around the corner of the hill for just long enough to let the opponent notice before moving back behind cover.

(OOC: Well. Assuming I can actually do this, I'll move out a space to let the huy see me, and then move back again. If I can't I guess I'll just stay there.)

Drerek

First Post
Drerek will ..... is refocus the word I'm looking for? He's not going to take any actions this round in order to get a better initiative.

Remove ads