• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battletech - Blood of Kerensky

Darimaus

First Post
Ok guys, sorry about the delay. Real life has its burdens, you all know how it is. We shall continue.

Trial #2:

The Warhawk moves 6 hexes to 08,29.

There isn't a shooting phase, nobody is in range.

Next Round. Movement Phase:

The Warhawk moves 6 to 08,23.

Your turn.

Darimaus

First Post
Trial #3:

OOC: Arkhandus: Sorry, thats a typo on my part, it actually fired a pulse laser, I just mistyped by mistake.

OOC: Dire Lemming: You are allowed to move out of cover, and then back into cover without any issues. You still have one slight problem though. Because mechs are 2 stories high, your hill only grants you the +4 cover modifier, rather than full cover. So your opponent will still fire at you. You'll need to decide whether or not you are returning fire.

Battle Cobra's Difficulty: It Ran (+2), Gunnery (+2), Range (+2), Cover (+4), Pulses (-2)

x2 Pulse Lasers = 9

Attacks:

It misses with both lasers, slicing up the hill in front of Asher.

The Mad Cat and Johan start the epic clash that is standard for heavies and assaults.

Johan's Difficulty: Gunnery (+3), Targeting Computer (-1)

ER Large Laser = 3 (2 is a auto miss)
2x Gauss Rifle = 3

Attacks:
Hit Locations:
Crit Chance:

Johan tears into the Heavy mech, slicing deep into the right arm and jamming some of the Myomer inside. When the mech tries to move the arm, the jam ties into a knot and the pressure severs the arm entirely. His laser slashes across the torso.

Mad Cat's Difficulty: Gunnery (+2), Range (Varies)

ER Large Laser x2 = 3
LRM 20 x2 = 3
Medium Pulse Laser = 3
ER Medium Laser = 4

Attacks:
2x LRM 20 Missile Hit table: = 12+12 LRM hits.
AMS: Stops 10 missiles.
Hit Locations:
Pilot Conciousness:
Shut Down Check

The Mad Cat's aim is also true, hitting Johan's mech back with extreme force. 2 Large Lasers slice into the center torso, shredding nearly 1.5 tons of armor. The other weapons contiune to spread along its body, but one laser happens to connect with the head, though it fails to shake the clan warrior inside.

Center Torso: 20 damage, 17 Armor remaining
Left Torso: 9 Damage, 22 Armor Remaining
Right Leg: 5 Damage, 28 Armor Remaining
Left Leg: 7 Damage, 30 Armor Remaining
Head: 7 Damage, 2 Armor Remaining

Last edited:

Darimaus

First Post
Trial #4:

Ramone fires at the Black Lanner

Attacks:

He fails to hit his enemy.

The Lanner fires back.

Attacks:
Hit Location

The Black Lanner pings Ramones left torso with one of its lasers.

Left Torso: 7 Damage, 16 Armor Remaining.

OOC: Brother Allard: You haven't declared firing for this round.

Last edited:

Darimaus

First Post
Trial #3:

OOC: Dire Lemming: Unfortunatly, you won't hit anything if you fire back, so theres no reason to.

Dire Lemming's Difficulty: You walked (+1), Gunnery (+3), He Ran (+3), Range (+2), Cover (+4)

Next Round: Movement Phase:

The Battle Cobra moves north to 27,13, then moves northwest to 24,11. (Moving 7 hexes in total + 2 Facing). He is now 11 Hexes away from Asher.

The Mad Cat doesn't move.

Dire Lemming

First Post
I may be mistaken but I thought you said at one point that firing is all or nothing. In other words, if you choose to fire you must fire all weapons you can aim at you target? Is that correct or was I just halucinating? :heh:

Fenris2

First Post
Firing is your choice of weapons, that I know for sure. Things like cover and such are all or nothing. Now if you have a srm 6 rack, you fire 6 if you fire any... maybe that was it?

Arkhandus

First Post
(ooc:you can fire less than your full weapons load. firing all of them is not necessary)

Johan snarls. "Surat! A lucky shot! This old wolf must die. But first I need to put some distance between myself and those lasers."

Johan turns the Stone Rhino a bit to the right, running a bit northwest before turning left to face southwest.

Turn and run 3 spaces to 30,15. Turning southwest once there. Firing his left-arm gauss rifle at the Timberwolf/Madcat. Hopefully it will keep the Timberwolf from shooting Johan's head and center torso again for the moment.

Dire Lemming

First Post
"Come on..." Asher mutters as the Battle Cobra's pilot once again avoids getting in close. If he can just keep behind cover long enough to make his opponent impatient...

(So I guess I'll move to 12-13, that's the closest square to the enemy that keeps him from shooting me right?)

Remove ads