• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battletech - Blood of Kerensky

Brother Allard

First Post
Trial #4, Rnd 6, Fire Declaration

Run to 4037, twist left.

Lev's Hit Difficulty: He Ran (+2), His Opponent Moved 3 (+1), Gunnery (+2), Two Hexes of Light Woods (+2), Range (6 hexes, varies)

ER PPC = 9
ER Medium Laser (x2) = 11
Ultra AC/20 (in Single mode) = 11

That's 36 heat (including the run), which will leave him with 0, assuming all sinks are still operational.

Arkhandus

First Post
Johan grins ferally. At last, the old dog was down, and Johan was a Warrior! Too bad his gauss had not sent the reactor critical..... Oh well, it would be wasteful to finish off the Solahma when he may yet serve Clan Wolf again someday. Johan turns the Stone Rhino back towards where he had just come from, running southeast toward the large hill.

Turn and run 3 hexes to 30,15. Torso-twist to face forward again.

Darimaus

First Post
Drerek unloads on his opponent with everything he's got.

Drerek's Difficulty: Gunnery (+3), You ran (+2), He walked 5 (+2), Targetting Computer (-1), Pulse (-2)

Ultra AC 5 = 6
ER Large Laser = 6
Large Pulse Laser = 4
LRM 10 = 7
2x Streak SRM 6 = 7

Attacks:
Missed SRM 6 attack:
Ultra AC missile hit table: = 1 hit

Drerek's attacks rave the Warhawks legs, especially his right, which has but a scrap of armor left on it.

The Warhawk returns fire, also with everything it has.

Warhawk's Difficulty: Gunnery (+3), It Walked (+1), You moved 4 (+1)

LRM 15 = 5
Streak SRM 6 = 5
2x Er Large Lasers = 5
LB 10-X AC = 5

Attacks:
Attacks: = 9 LRMs hit
AMS: = 5 SRMs shot down
Hit Locations:

Center Torso: 12 Damage, 2 Armor Remaining
Left Torso: 14 Damage, 6 Armor Remaining
Left Leg: 5 Damage, 29 Armor Remaining
Right Leg: 10 Damage, 3 armor Remaining

The Warhawk ravages Drerek's mech, leaving his armor all over papaer thin.

OOC: Drerek: Your AMS has now officially run out of ammo.

Darimaus

First Post
Arkhandus said:
Johan grins ferally. At last, the old dog was down, and Johan was a Warrior! Too bad his gauss had not sent the reactor critical..... Oh well, it would be wasteful to finish off the Solahma when he may yet serve Clan Wolf again someday. Johan turns the Stone Rhino back towards where he had just come from, running southeast toward the large hill.

Turn and run 3 hexes to 30,15. Torso-twist to face forward again.

Solahma don't fight in Trials of Position, you're fighting actual clan warriors.

Arkhandus

First Post
(Ah, hmm. I cannot really remember, but I thought I remembered it being Solahma like the trainers that get relegated to handling sibkos. Ah well)

Darimaus

First Post
Trial #4:

Lev dives into the forest, looking for cover against the firepower of the other Summoner.

Lev fires at his evenly matched opponent.

Lev's Difficulty: He Ran (+2), His Opponent Moved 3 (+1), Gunnery (+2), Two Hexes of Light Woods (+2), Range (6 hexes, varies)

ER PPC = 7
ER Medium Laser (x2) = 9
Ultra AC/20 (in Single mode) = 9

Attacks:
Hit Location:

Lev misses most of his attacks, but connects on the left arm with his PPC.

Summoner's Difficulty: It walked (+1), Lev moved 3 (+1), 2 Light Forest Hexes (+2), Gunnery (+2), Range (Varies))

ER Large Laser = 7
Er Small Laser = 11
Streak SRM 6 = 9
Ultra AC 20 = 9

Attacks:
Ultra AC hit table: = 1 hit
Hit Locations:

Left Arm: 20 Damage, 4 Armor Remaining
Right Arm: 6 Damage, 18 Armor Remaining
Center Torso: 6 Damage, 25 Armor Remaining

The Summoner opens up and manages to catch Lev's machine with its AC and its Streak SRM 6.

Ramone unleashes his attacks at his opponent:

Attacks:
Hit Locations:
Critical Chance:

Ramone hits the Lanner with everything, coring deep into its torso armor.

The Lanner fires back:

Attacks:

The Lanner misses with everything.

Movement Phase:

The Summoner moves to 39,35, facing South.

The Lanner moves to 1807 facing NW.

Darimaus

First Post
Arkhandus said:
(Ah, hmm. I cannot really remember, but I thought I remembered it being Solahma like the trainers that get relegated to handling sibkos. Ah well)

I'll point out that Phelan Kell had to face Vlad, a fellow warrior, in his trial of positon.

Fenris2

First Post
#4)

Ramone breaths a sigh of relief seeing all shots go home, until he realises the lanner wants him to hunt it down now. "How difficult. What a waste of time. But there is not a time limit so nothing for it but to play along."

Run to 24,18, no one can hit the other so that is that for this round...

OOC: I don't plot out all the mechs so LMK if he is interposing other mechs to cause a melee if you could... That is about the only strategy Ramone can thnk of him using successfully at this point

Last edited:

Remove ads