• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battletech - Blood of Kerensky

Arkhandus

First Post
Johan keeps his Stone Rhino running forward, taking the moment to glance at his monitors, damage-readout, and other data to double-check his systems before the next slugfest.

Running 5 hexes to 35,18. Nothing else this turn.

Fenris2

First Post
#4)Ramone runs his mech 7 hexes to 17,15

no visibility so no shootin'

Question, if I end up on a level 3 hex, can I shoot over intervening woods/forest hexes w/o penalty and only worry about the one he is in?

Drerek

First Post
Trial #2

Drerek curses at his bad aiming skills but as the SRM ammo starts to cook off, self-preservation kicks in. He has the Thunder give a quick salute with its remaining arm and then he hits the eject button.

Brother Allard

First Post
Trial #4, Round 8, Move and Fire Declaration

Lev continues to circle his prey, allowing the terrain to intervene for the moment, giving his Timberwolf a moment to cool down.

Heat is at 10, meaning Lev has only 6 movement this round.

Move: Run 2 hexes clear to 4033 (1-2), Face SW (3), Run 3 hexes clear to 3735 (4-6). Lev will choose to allow both liminal light woods hexes to intervene, and I'm assuming the Summoner will as well, making for 3 intervening light wood hexes. So no fire this round.

That's 12 heat (including the run), which will leave him with 0.

Darimaus

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
Asher finally sees an opening and jumps to 07-11, then opens up on the Battle Cobra.

(OOC: That'll keep me out of his firing arc right? Oh and I don't want to overheat so I'll just fire my ER Large Lasers

Sadly, Torso twist phase happens after movement phase. He can still fire at you.

Darimaus

First Post
Trial #3:

Asher leaps into combat range of the battle cobra and unleashes his large lasers at him.

Asher's difficulty: You Jumped (+3), Gunnery (+3), He Ran (+3), Targetting Computer (-1),
Arm Damage (+1)

ER Large Laser (R) = 6
ER Large Laser (L) = 7

Attacks:
Attacks:

Asher manages to hit the Battle Cobra's right arm with a large laser, stripping it all but bare.

Battle Cobra's Difficulty: Gunnery (+2), He Ran (+2), You Jumped (+1), You moved 5 Heses (+2), Pulses (-2), Range (Varies)

ER Large Pulse x2 = 6
ER Small Pulse x2 = 8

Attacks:
Hit Locations:
Crit Threats:

The Battle Cobra's Lasers slice into Asher's machine, destroying his Masc, and hitting his engine (+5 Heat Every round)

Center Torso: 10 Damage, 9 Crits Remaining
Right Torso: 3 Damage, 11 Crits Remaining

Heat Phase: Due to the Engine hit, you are now sadly at 9 heat (-1 Movement Point, +1 Difficulty to Hit).

Next Round: Movement Phase:

The Battle Cobra moves to 05,11, facing 06,10.

The Warhawk moves to 35,40.

Your Turns.

Darimaus

First Post
Fenris2 said:
#4)Ramone runs his mech 7 hexes to 17,15

no visibility so no shootin'

Question, if I end up on a level 3 hex, can I shoot over intervening woods/forest hexes w/o penalty and only worry about the one he is in?

Sadly, I won't give that one to you, considering that the woods will be thicker towards the top with all the branches and leaves ect, and that your visibilty would be pretty much 0 so you couldn't see him anyways. In other words, the height is balanced out by the amount of foliage.

Darimaus

First Post
Trial #4:

Next Round: Movement Phase:

The Summoner moves to hex 35,40. Its facing hex 34,40.

The Black Lanner moves to 17,06, facing south.

Your Turns

Brother Allard

First Post
Trial #4, Round 9, Move and Fire Declaration

Lev's eyes go wide as the Summoner turns its back and moves deeper into the woods. He charges into the trees, eager to take advantage.

Move: Face South (1), run 1 hex clear (2) and 3 hexes light woods (3-8) to 3739. That makes 1 intervening hex of light woods, with Lev directly behind the Summoner.

Lev's Hit Difficulty: He Ran (+2), His Opponent Moved 4 (+1), Gunnery (+2), 1 hex light woods intervening (+1), Range (close)

ER PPC = 6
ER Medium Laser (x3) = 6
ER Small Laser = 6
Ultra AC/20 (in Ultra mode) = 6

That's 48 heat (including the run), which will leave him with 10, assuming all sinks are still operational.

Last edited:

Darimaus

First Post
Brother Allard: OOC: Your difficulty isn't 6, its 7 btw. You have to count the forest hex he is in.

Attacks:
Hit Location

Lev's attacks ravage the Summoner, but are unable to breach its armor.

Summoner's Difficulty: He Ran (+2), You moved 4 (+1), Gunnery 2 (+2), x2 Light Forest Hexes (+2)

Ultra AC 20 = 7

Attacks:
The Summoner misses with its AC.

Remove ads