• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battletech - Blood of Kerensky

Fenris2

First Post
Darimaus said:
The Lanner's just tired of playing with that hill. He tried to be aggressive, and you just strung him along :p

Well, I am sure not gonna win more than 1 battle by simply walking up to him and blazing away at 8 hexes... We both positioned for optimum fire afaik - maybe something about 4 pulse lasers kept it fromn being a knife fight though. lol.

Darimaus

First Post
Fenris2 said:
Well, I am sure not gonna win more than 1 battle by simply walking up to him and blazing away at 8 hexes... We both positioned for optimum fire afaik - maybe something about 4 pulse lasers kept it fromn being a knife fight though. lol.

First off, I don't feel like dealing with fire rules, so I'm niot letting you use them (you don't seem to know that I have to roll for EVERY hex involved EVERY turn. Its not pleasant.)

Second, I understand your point on trying to play it safe, but unless you give the Black Lanner at least some motivation to play along, hes not gonna stick around. If he continued around the hill, there was no doubt in his mind you would win. He's not dumb, hes fighting to win as well. You can still outmatch slower mechs with your tactics, but not faster ones. Bad luck of the draw for that one. Also, one other bad stroke of luck for you. His stategy has already been completed. While you were circling around the edge not engaging, he managed to refocus. He now beats you in initiative. I hate to say it, but things are going to get difficult now.

Darimaus

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
Finally realizing that the enemy is trying to increase it's chances by luring him into the thinner foliage, Asher also comes to the realizatoin that he's not going to beat him just shooting at he back unless he gets very lucky. He's been swiveling both his torso and his arm so that he has been able to fire on him every time. Maybe if he moved to the right side, where their was no arm, he would keep him from doing such things.

(OOC: Ok so it's leg facing is 07-09 right? But it's torso facing is 06-09 right? The fire are of an arm weapon is the three hexes in front of the torso and also one extra hex around in whichever direction the arm is mounted? If that's the case, assuming he can't just torso twist backwards and shoot at me anyway I'll jump to 08-10 and fire from there. If he can just swivel around and Shoot at me I'll jump to 06-10 and fire, hoping to at least lower his chances of hitting.)

I haven't been dealing with this, since its alot more work for me, but I haven't been posting or requiring anyone to post torso twisting. As such, it hasn't come up that in fact you can torso twist to any hex within 1 hex of your feet facing, no matter which hex you were torso twisted to before hand. This means mechs with arm mounted weapons can fire at any hex around it.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Figures, this games hates me. Well, I'll jump to the thicker foliage and hopefully he'll miss, cause if I'm not mistaken last time was just amazingly bad luck on his part.

Darimaus

First Post
Trial #3:

Asher opens up with his two remaining weapons, hoping to skewer his opponent through its paper thin back armor.

Asher's Difficulty: You jumped (+3), Gunnery (+3), Heavy Forest Hex (+2), Targetting Computer (-1)

ER Large Laser = 7
ER Small Laser = 7

Attacks:
Hit Locations:
Crit Threat:

Asher's attacks all connect, but his large laser is off the mark, striking at the undamaged right torso armor instead of the center torso he was hoping for. Despite the pounding it has taken, the Battle Cobra remains standing.

Battle Cobra's Difficulty: You Jumped (+1), Gunnery (+3), He Ran (+2), Heavy Forest Hex (+2)

Large Pulse: 6
Small Pulse: 6

Attacks:
Hit Locations:

Alas, the Battle Cobra's retaliation strikes home on Asher's torso, bypassing the non-existant armor to destroy what remains of his engine. Asher's machine falls to the ground unmoving.

OOC: Damn, invisible castle was pretty harsh on this one. However, you still made warrior, and there will be plenty of chances for promotion in the future. I'm sure things will go better when its a team combat.

OOC: Arkhandus: Even with cover, your opponent's hit difficulty still comes out to 12. As such, he will take his firing phase.

Warhawk's Difficulty: Gunnery (+3), Cover (+4), 2 Light Forest Hexes (+2), Long Range (+4), Targetting Computer (-1)

x2 ER PPC = 12

Attacks:
Hit Location:
Attacks:

One of the PPC's lucks out, slamming into Johan's left torso. It seems luck is on his opponent's side today.

Brother Allard

First Post
Trial #4, Round 10, Move and Fire Declaration

Lev nods grimly, recognizing his opponent's intentions. "Very well, then," he mutters to himself. "The end game."

He pulls back on the throttle, slowly walking toward his opponent's right side and opens fire.

Lev begins the round with 10 heat, and therefor has only 6 movement points.

Move: Walk 1 hex light woods (1-2), Turn SW (3).

Lev's Hit Difficulty: He Walked (+1), Gunnery (+2), 2 hexes light woods intervening (+2), +1 due to heat, Range (close)

ER PPC = 6
ER Medium Laser (x3) = 6

That's 31 heat (including the walk) this round giving him a total of 41, which will leave him with 3, assuming all sinks are still operational.

By my count, Lev has 2 rounds of AC/20 ammo left. He'll probably hold onto them for the next mech - you know, assuming...

Darimaus

First Post
OOC: K guys, we are still waiting on Fenris2 and Arkhandus. You two are the only ones who haven't finished your trials so... *bump*

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
As far as I know, you haven't posted the movement yet for the Battle Cobra and Warhawk yet, so I haven't taken my turn yet....

Brother Allard

First Post
Darimaus said:
OOC: K guys, we are still waiting on Fenris2 and Arkhandus. You two are the only ones who haven't finished your trials so... *bump*
Wait, what?

Is this forshadowing or did I miss something. Lev isn't dead yet, is he?e

Jemal

Adventurer
*I assume He didn't include you b/c you posted your actions allready. Hopefully it's NOT foreshadowing, but with the horrible luck that's been going down on InvisibleCastle lately...*

IC:
Jemal grins as he watches the other fights. Most of them weren't at HIS skill level, obviously, but some of them may be close.
At least he damned freeborn hadn't lucked out like they had a tendency to do.

He leaned over to his sibmate, Vincent "Looks like you're the only 'lucky' one during this batch, Star Commander."

Last edited:

Remove ads