• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battletech Kickstarter launched today, already on great track

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
I love me some Battletech, but this really looks like it's one of their Shadowrun games with a Battletech skin. Still good, but I don't feel the need to kickstart that.

Don't get me wrong, I like Harebrained's Shadowrun games (at least the last two) and I'll be very likely to buy a Battletech themed one, but I'm more interested in the PvP and tactical game when it comes to Battletech.

Janx

Hero
Interesting. Curious if it's going to follow the actual table-top rules or just be a video-gameified version of the idea. BT was a bear for book-keeping, so an app to basically regulate gameplay would be groovy.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Interesting. Curious if it's going to follow the actual table-top rules or just be a video-gameified version of the idea. BT was a bear for book-keeping, so an app to basically regulate gameplay would be groovy.

It does not look like they're following the table top rules. That's not necessarily a bad thing, since the focus is very much on the atmosphere of classic BT and the feel, but, again, not exactly what I'd prefer, either.

As I told a friend, if they were putting out a multiplayer, table-top rules game with campaign support, I'd be knocking over liquor stores in a heartbeat. Not that I'd need to knock over a liquor store to kickstart it, but I'd be really keen to show exactly how much I want that.

Barantor

Explorer
It does not look like they're following the table top rules. That's not necessarily a bad thing, since the focus is very much on the atmosphere of classic BT and the feel, but, again, not exactly what I'd prefer, either.

As I told a friend, if they were putting out a multiplayer, table-top rules game with campaign support, I'd be knocking over liquor stores in a heartbeat. Not that I'd need to knock over a liquor store to kickstart it, but I'd be really keen to show exactly how much I want that.

From the Q&A they did on twitch the other night they are going to put in multiplayer pvp in the form of solaris if they get to that stretch goal.

They do have a mission maker, but it isn't following exactly the tabletop rules but a lot closer than Mechwarrior Online.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Looks interesting, but I'm not really interested in the skirmish aspect of it. Assuming it makes it to Stage 2 with the campaign mode, I'll probably put a few dollars in there to get the game.

Barantor

Explorer
Looks interesting, but I'm not really interested in the skirmish aspect of it. Assuming it makes it to Stage 2 with the campaign mode, I'll probably put a few dollars in there to get the game.

Looks like they made it that far.

They have a lot of side goals relating to retweets and facebook looks as well.

I'm hoping that this game has a lot of lore in it, Mechwarrior Online was lacking a lot of that.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
They had the requirement to make the game in little over an hour and are sitting on 1.1 million right now.

Well, I meant when I looked at it last time it was sitting at a little under 800k and I figured I would just wait for it to get to a million before seriously considering putting money in for it. Hadn't realized I would have to be doing that the very next day!

But I also apparently missed the "Launched today" date as being yesterday, so in retrospect, it makes a lot of sense!

Remove ads