Battletech

Festy_Dog

First Post
BATTLETECH!! *drools profusely on keyboard*

Never played the actual table-top game but have seen great many hours of action in the MechWarrior series on computer.

Not too familiar with the Clan way of doing things though, so I'll probably need to have terms like what Douane said explained to me. ;)

Already have a Vulture in mind, if I manage to get a spot as a pilot... :D

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Douane said:
NEG!

As one born into the Warrior caste of Kerensky's own clan I demand a Trial of Refusal. Faithful to our Remembrance I challenge the decision to deny me a proper Trial of Position to determine my rank within Clan Wolf's touman.

[:D;)]

I would imagine there are others among you who feel the same, Quiaff? The decision was not to deny a Trial of Position, but to see if you were yet ready for the Trial. By showing that you can stand against those above you when you believe they are wrong, you have proven your worth. You'll find we'll be doing things slightly different now, The Inner Sphere is a hostile and strange place, we do not even expect the Inner Sphere warriors to follow Zellbrigen, though WE will still uphold it. Be open to change, however.. we will have to adapt our traditions slightly.

You shall get your trials of position, as worthy warriors.

;) Nice going, Douane. You'll make a fine Ristar, If your sibko does well, you may all even end up in The Rememberance.

BTW - for anyone who didn't understand half of what we said, here's a glossary of clan terms:
http://www.geocities.com/strassereich/glossary.htm

It doesn't have them in there so I'll throw these two in: Aff is affirmative/yes, Neg is Negative/no. (Quiaff/Quineg, as you'll see in the glossary, are slightly different).

Also, there's a great guide to the clans (History overview, etc) on the Classicbattletech URL in my last post.

garyh

First Post
Jemal said:
I'ld also like to know right away who is going to be playing for sure..

So far I've got Douanne and Anhk as for sure; GaryH, Neoweasel, and Tenkar as maybes, and Doghead as a back-up.

Just one question... would I be able to have a Hatchetman? I loooooooooove Hatchetmen. :D

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
This is a great idea for a game, I am a touch full up at the moment, or I would love to jump at the chance. Actually, I play Mechwarrior online quite a bit, and it is the side of the clans that I always feel drawn to, maybe it is just because of the complete lack of skill by the Inner Sphere Warriors. Tonight over the course of 3 hours, my trinary met and utterly destroyed twice our number of House Kurita's finest, including a reinforced Assault Lance, destroying thirty mechs while losing only a single Shadowcat. My technicians have even begun the repair and conversion of 7 of the destroyed barbarian mechs so that our solhama warriors will have something to pilot as they move into their old age.

There is simply no comparision between the abilities of our own pilots and those of the Successoor Barbarians. The clans will carry out General Kerensky's dreams, and reshape the innersphere. That is the responsibility laid on every sibko that is brought forth from the iron wombs, to live up to the ideals of the Great Father.

Actually, there are quite a few online leagues for Mechwarrior 4: Mercs that incorporate a great deal of roleplay as they are as pure to BT as they can be, although skill does help, as that story above with my unit killing 30 mechs while suffering only the loss of a single Shadow Cat is true, the battle having occured less then 3 hours ago.

garyh

First Post
Jemal said:
Hatchetman..
Ah yes, the Hatchetman
Or was it the 3050 version you prefered?

Well, if your sibkin and you decide you'll pilot a 45 Ton mech, go ahead.

EDIT: Was Wrong link, fixed now.

I think it was 3025, but I'm not positive. If I can pilot a Hatchetman, I'll be moving from "maybe" to "my god, yes." :p

As for the Clan info, I remember some of it, though - as I mentioned - I played a House Marik PC. I sort of remember Kerensky, sibko's and some of Clan social structure.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
garyh said:
I think it was 3025, but I'm not positive. If I can pilot a Hatchetman, I'll be moving from "maybe" to "my god, yes." :p

As for the Clan info, I remember some of it, though - as I mentioned - I played a House Marik PC. I sort of remember Kerensky, sibko's and some of Clan social structure.

Actually I just remembered something that would make it ufeasable for you to pilot a Hatchetman...
The clans believe using Physical attacks in a Mech to be Dishonourable...
srry.

On a related note, I just finished watching a 1990 movie called Robot Jox(The credits are rolling as I write this)
It's kinda a B-grade movie, but I find it rather Battletech, right down to the end, and more akin to the clans than the inner sphere..

They fight one on one to settle disputes over territories, the pilots are either bred from Genetics to pilot(Trueborn anyone?), or more rarely, have a natural skill (Freebirth). They're celebrities and even argue amongst each other to see who gets to battle in the next fight.. And they're usually honourable. The warrior Trainees even go through Trials to see who gets to advance and be a pilot.

It's actually a fairly interesting movie.

Shalimar

First Post
Actually, Jemal, I am gonna beg to get in on this, I have given it some thought, and while all of the online play I do is great to solve my agressiveness, it does nothing to sate my urges towards playing out a clan character, although I do have a clan character history, etc, dealing with roleplay on a clan wide level is too impersonal for my tastes, especially because I cannot give into my urges and go about absorbing weaker clans willy-nilly.

If you are willing to have me, then I will lead MY star from the cockpit of my Hellbringer Prime, it is a Command Mech without peer among the tonnage range you specified, both for its Electronic Counter Measure suite, and for its Active Probe, providing accurate information to the one that most requires it.

Remove ads