• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battleworks.net - Anyone have any problems with gaming purchases here?

N0Man

First Post
I hope this isn't too far off-topic, but I didn't really see another forum here that was a good fit.

I tried Googling for experiences of people from Battleworks.net, but I came up pretty dry except 1 random person with a gripe regarding shipping costs overseas... Not much else.

I've run across their site many times when checking out miniatures, and finally there was an item that was being sold there that I had trouble finding elsewhere. I placed an order. I got the confirmation, but the status of the order has never changed from being blank. There's been no package yet (2 weeks since order), and the customer service e-mail address hasn't replied to my e-mails from just over a week now.

Has anyone had experience with this company (good or bad)? I'm just trying to get a feel of what type of rep these guys have. I don't know whether to know if these guys are just a bit slow and with bad customer service, if I'm just having bad luck, or if I should be contacting my bank for a charge-back or something.

I'd really appreciate hearing anyone else's experience, whether like mine, better, or worse just to know if I'm overreacting or not.

N0Man

First Post
So... I guess not. :(

I was someone here might be familiar with them, since they are an advertiser on this site (which is how I originally found them).

So... I guess not. :(

I was someone here might be familiar with them, since they are an advertiser on this site (which is how I originally found them).

I've never bought from them so I can't comment in that regard. As for them being a site advertiser however, I think you will probably find that they came up as a Google ad. So EN World would likely have no association with them at all.

Olaf the Stout

sadistikal

First Post
Guess I will hold up on ordering from them for now, though I have heard others recommend them. Not to derail the subject but anyone got any other sites they would recommend to purchase miniatures from (particularly D&D)?

Dungeons & Dragons, Reaper Miniature, Rackham Confrontation, Chessex Dice

Pretty good prices. Great range of minis. Free shipping for all orders over a certain amount in the US (I think it is all orders over $75 but I'm not 100% sure). The customer service there is also up with the best that I have encountered on the net.

They have replied to every single one of my e-mails within 24 hours (and often within a couple of hours). Some other stores I have had to send 3-4 e-mails to just to get a reply. They have chased items up for me and always got back to me on any questions I've had.

I'm in Australia so shipping is a fair cost for me. The last time I ordered from them their automatic shipping calculator worked out the shipping cost to be $20 higher than what the actual shipping ended up being. I wrote 1 e-mail to them asking about why the shipping I was charged was so much higher than the actual shipping costs and they gave me a store credit for the difference straight away, no questions asked.

Those sorts of things will keep me going back to a store. So I give a big thumbs up to Minature Market.

Olaf the Stout

Oryan77

Adventurer
I'll pimp myself out and suggest my Enworld thread :p

I have been selling minis via forums for a few years now. You can see what I have by following the link in my sig. :)

cinOxen

First Post
I just found this thread through google myself looking into this retailer. I made a hundred dollar order over 3 months ago and am still waiting for a response. Seems a lot of people have problems with them. Sure wish I researched first!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads