• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BBEG Giant Cleric (then next a Wizard)

NuSair

Explorer
So, I am making the next BBEG for my players to overcome.

The premise of the next part of the campaign is an encounter with giants of the Norse. I took what I found in Deities and Demi-Gods, which was woefully inept (imo) and used the leveling up monster rules, things I found on the SRD and this is what I have so far (it's a frost giant):

So, this is what I starting out with (adopted from here http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/giant.htm ):

• +18 Strength -2 Dexterity +10 Constitution, +4 Wisdom.
  • Large size. -1 penalty to Armor Class, -1 penalty on attack rolls, -4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
  • Space/Reach: 10 feet/10 feet.
  • A frost giant’s base land speed is 40 feet.
  • low-light vision.
  • Racial Hit Dice: A frost giant begins with fourteen levels of giant, which provide 14d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +10, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +9, Ref +4, and Will +4.
  • Racial Skills: A frost giant’s giant levels give it skill points equal to 17 × (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Climb, Hide, Listen, and Spot.
  • Racial Feats: A frost giant’s giant levels give it five feats.
  • +9 natural armor bonus.

Starting with a 32 point buy system.... going to start with a cleric and for fun, make her level 13.

Str 14
Dex 10
Con 16
Int 10
Wis 16
Cha 10

so, after racial mods, we're looking at:

Str 32
Dex 8
Con 26
Int 10
Wis 20
Cha 10

HD: 14d8 + 13d8 (essentially a 27th level character)
BAB: +19/+13/+7/+1
Saves: Fort 17 (25) Reflex 8 (8) Will 9 (14) base (with stats)

Where should I put the stat bonuses? all into Wis? Feats? Also, being 27th level, she would qualify for epic feats.

NuSair

Explorer
Quasi-deity (divine rank 0) : maximum hit points per hit dice, speed increased to 60 ft, natural armor +13, deflection bonus to AC equal to her Charisma bonus, divine synergy (+2 bonus per 20 ranks in a skill), immune to polymorphing, petrification, and any other attack that alters her form, energy drain, ability drain, ability damage, mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects), damage reduction 10/ epic, resistance to fire 5, spell resistance 32, she is immortal, and she does not eat, sleep, or breath.

Remove ads