[BDG] Official d20 Future Setting Announcement

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Okay, I certainly didn't post my concerns about the turn around time and playtesting as an open invitation to bash the publisher.

I asked, and I got an answer. Thank you, Justin.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
mroberon1972 said:
Playtesting? For a setting book? Right. The reason he's using the d20F book is to have already playtested rules. You don't playtest a city for game balance.

Yes, I DO expect this, even for a setting book, assuming it isn't 100% fluff and includes crunch.

Last edited:

Yes, I DO expect this, even for a setting book, assuming it isn't 100% fluff and includes crunch.
I agree. (For the record, I think John was referring to a pure-fluff setting.) For example, we will be presenting entirely new playable PC races (plus humans, of course). We also intend to introduce some new mechanics altogether. These will need to playtested and examined.

Although our goal is to release this "on the heels" of d20 Future's release to the SRD, I will NOT rush it to release unless I'm confident it's truly playable and not broken.

If you've seen the reviews for Poisoncraft, you know that Blue Devil Games--despite it short history--has already attained a reputation for quality. I have no intention jeopardizing that reputation.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Thanks again, Justin.

I think your playtesting plan is a good one, and re-emphasizes one of the many benefits of e-publishing.

Remove ads