• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Beast Forms that Lack the Keyword and Powers

I'm a bit confused. When it comes to druid utility powers such as, "Insect Plague," and "Sky Talon," which are a "wild shape" form, but lack the "Beast Form" keyword, I'm confused as to what powers one can and cannot use in these types of forms, that is, is it under the same stipulations as when in "Beast Form"? Of course, the power "Sky Talon," states that one cannot use Daily powers, but I'm confused as to what powers one can and cannot use, in general, while in these forms, that is, "wild shape" forms, that lack the "Beast Form," keyword. I take it, that you can't use "Beast Form" powers? But I'm confused as to what other attack powers.

Last edited:

captainspud

First Post
You're over-thinking it. Using one of these utilities simply adds some extra rules onto your existing Wild Shape power; with the exception of the specific differences they specify, your Wild Shape still functions exactly as it would normally, so you can still use whatever powers you normally could in Beast form (within the limits of the special beast form you're assuming-- ie, no attacks in Insect Plague, no dailies in Sky Talon, and so on).

Remove ads