• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bedeviler

Pelwrath

First Post
Here is a monster that I've had bedevile a party since their conception. They know it works for someone/thing but have no idea whom/what. Its an Avari, which I took from an old Dragon Creature Feature and have updated for 3.5. It wasn't as below untill recently, as it to has been promoted for doing tasks assigned by it's master. I offer it for any who'd like to use it and would welcome any and all coments. I know that at least 1 of the players dwelles here and they are welcome to add their two coppers if they choose.

AVARI-(Extraplanr,Outsider)
HD:9+27(Large)
Initiative:+3
Speed:40'(8 squares) Fly 90'(18 squares)
AC:21(10+9 natural +3 Dex -1 Size)
Base Attack/Grapple:+9/+14
Attack:Claw +14 melee for 1d6+7
Full Attack:2-claws +14 melee for 1d6+7;1-Bite +12 melee for
1d8+7 and poison[FORT save DC17 paralysis primary
and secondary]
Space/Reach:10'
Special Attacks:poison bite;Screach 60' radius FORT save DC:15
-2DEX and deafness;Darkvision 60';Low light
vision.
Special Qualities:SR19;DR10/magic or good;Immune to: Paralysis,
Poison,Acid;Resistance 15 Cold&Fire.
Magic Abilities:Summon 3/day 50% 1-2 Avari or 75% 3-6 Fiendish
Dire Bats or Yeth Hounds;Wave of Grief 2/day
(DC16);Improved Darkness at will;Telepathy
w/Low INT at will;Doom 3/day[DC:16]
Feats: Fly by Attack;Improved Natural Attack;Multi Attack;Power
Attack.
Skills:Hide-15,Spot-15,Listen-15,Move Silent-15, Diplomacy-15
Intimadate-13,Concentration-13,Spell Craft-11,Use
Magic Device-11,Survival-11,Search-11
CR:9(ie 4-9th pc should beat it yet use a lot of resources
and/or 2 of them die.)
STATS:STR-20 INT-16 WIS-14 DEX-17 CON-16 CHA-13
Advancwment:10-18(Large)19-27(Huge)

A creature native to the planes of Hades and Ghenea. they almost never use mele weapons, yet desire magic spells and devices, all of which they can use. If they make a successful Use Item check can use any item. They are masters of duplicity. They love the art of negotiation as much as they love backstabbing those they have or are negotiating with. Flying i stheir prefered method of attacking. If time allows they'll summon Fiendish Dire Bats and Yeth Hounds, then use their Wave of Grief and Doom abilities on their attackers. Fly by attacks are use, primarily targeting mages/sorcereres first, clerics second.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads