Beetles, Centipedes, and Chickens: PATHFINDER Minis

Erik Mona has previewed three new miniatures from the Dungeons Deep miniatures set. These will be coming in June, and this week we see the Mining Beetle, Giant Centipede, and a large blue chicken known as the Terror Bird.

Erik Mona has previewed three new miniatures from the Dungeons Deep miniatures set. These will be coming in June, and this week we see the Mining Beetle, Giant Centipede, and a large blue chicken known as the Terror Bird.

20150508-TerrorBird_180.jpeg
20150508-Centipede_180.jpeg
20150508-MiningBeetle_180.jpeg

More info here.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
First, D&D allowed the common housecat to be able to kill a normal person. Now the peasants must also fear chickens? WHEN WILL THIS MADNESS STOP?!?
banghead.gif

It's called a "terror bird" but it's really an axe beak. But they can't call it an axe beak because that's a WotC monster and the Open Gaming Licence doesn't cover miniatures. So they just use the art for the axe beak monster and give it a different name.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Err...Don't we already have two of these three out there? I have the giant centipede and beetle, and they look rather similar to those two figures. I think I have a cockatrice that looks like that chicken as well?

turkeygiant

First Post
It's called a "terror bird" but it's really an axe beak. But they can't call it an axe beak because that's a WotC monster and the Open Gaming Licence doesn't cover miniatures. So they just use the art for the axe beak monster and give it a different name.

Well Terror Bird is the common name for a type of avian apex predator that really did exist about a half a million years ago, so if anything Paizo might have actually swung back into an even more accurate name with this little copyright dodge, and Terror Bird sounds cooler than Axe Beak to me anyways!

Remove ads

Remove ads