Beginnings of my own Pantheon

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I'd say start with a small clergy of 5 and define what the responsibilities of each are. Either work your way up or down through ranks and possibly think of ideas that might make for the base of a PrC for those truly devoted to the worship of their dety.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Wow, that's some quick posting. Did you even have time to read my post? :lol:

Yeah, starting small is something I will probably do and then slowly add a few more here and then once something seems to have attracted enough people. I'm just not entirely sure where to begin at. And I definitely want to add PrC and other stuff. I would love for it to be as detailed as Markog by Kamikaze Midget, but that would definitely take me a while.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I know what you mean. It can be a daunting task but dont let it get you down. Just start working on the clergies of a handful of deities. I'd say pick some that are opposed and work on a little backstory as to why they are opposed and what goals teach faith has.

The goals of each faith can help you come up with the backstory of each as well. Also don't feel that once you start on opne faith that you have to finish it right away. If while writing about one, you have an idea for another, save the document and write out your idea for the other. Either that or make sure tohave some scrap paper handy.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
spunkrat said:
And easier still when you call the same God different names. Worshippers can get so nitpicky sometimes (and I mean nitpicky with a blunt crushing weapon).

Clerics always use blunt crushing weapons! ;)

-- N

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Origionally posted by Nifft
Clerics always use blunt crushing weapons!

Not in my world! Bwahaha. They're going to be different and all use like SWORDS or, or, SWORDCHUCKS!!. Anything goes, as long as it isn't Blunt...and has a chain between it and another of the same type. :]

Charberus

First Post
another idea

I found a good idea for a deity. It is Banjo The Clown: God of Puppets. If you want to see what he is like, look on page 80 of Order of the Stick.

Remove ads