• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Beguiler casting Mage Hand?

drdevoid

Explorer
Not exactly what you are asking for, but you could have it as a 1/day SLA if you took the feat "Spell Hand" (CArc p83)

I think there's a feat in Magic of Faerun that would then let you turn it into 3/day. Pretty hefty invest for mage hand, though.

Last edited:

ThirdWizard said:
Isn't there a magic item that does this?

Hand of the Mage: This mummified elf hand hangs by a golden chain around a character’s neck (taking up space as a magic necklace would). It allows the wearer to utilize the spell mage hand at will.
Faint transmutation; CL 2nd; Craft Wondrous Item, mage hand; Price 900 gp;Weight 2 lb.

Almost character I've played over level 7 has one of these stashed away for emergencies.

Animal

First Post
i think that OP needs this spell to meet prereqs for a PrC. in this case spell hand feat is the best he can get.

moritheil

First Post
Animal said:
i think that OP needs this spell to meet prereqs for a PrC. in this case spell hand feat is the best he can get.

He could take Whisper Gnome or some other race that gets mage hand as an SLA. Since SLAs qualify for PrCs, there's no need to burn feats.

Remove ads