• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Beholder eye ray powers

eleran

First Post
I couldn't find this posted anywhere else here. I made a screen capture from the VTT demo # at DDXP as shown on GZ at Youtube. At one point they show the screen which has displayed all of the beholders eye rays. I am trying to make it bigger so they are readable. I am not very good at this high tech video wizardry. If anyone else wants to try, it as here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt9qtQCj5Y0&feature=related at 3:59 in.

Attachments

• beholder powers.doc
    345 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
Hmm, I can't make much of that out.

"Fear ray vs. Will" , I think. And it looks like it rolls 1d20+17 with its eye beams.

Anyone else doing any better with this?

Edit: Wait, does that say "central eye attack vs. AC"??

nerfherder

Explorer
Name: Beholder, Eye of Flame
Hit Points: 130
Temp Hit Points: 0

Initiative: 1d20+11 / Initiative
1d20+18 / Bite attack vs AC
2d6 / Bite damage
1d20+18 / Central Eye Attack vs AC
1d20+17 / Fire Ray vs Reflex
2d8?+6 / Fire damage
1d20+17 / Telekinesis Ray vs Fortitude
1d20+17 / Fear Ray vs Will
1d20+17 / Feiry Burst vs Reflex
2d8?+6 / Fire damage

Last edited:

Benimoto

First Post
Interesting. I can only make out a few phrases in there. I can't make out the damage numbers or to-hits at all.

I see:

Beholder, Eye of Flame
Hit Points 130

• Initiative 1d20+11 Initiative
  • 1d20+18 Bite Attack vs AC
  • 2d6 Bite Damage
  • 1d20+17 Central Eye vs AC
  • 1d20+17 Fire Ray vs Reflex
  • 2d8+6 Fire Damage
  • 1d20+17 Fear Ray vs Will
  • 1d20+17 Fiery Burst vs Reflex
  • 2d8+6 Fire Damage

Presumably, since it says this is the Eye of Flame Beholder, it has the same stats as should be on the back of its minis card, available at the prerelease. So you could look there for more information.

EDIT: Okay, I think I got a good enough look at the damage numbers to be fairly sure there.

hong

WotC's bitch
Ha, and someone was snarking in another thread about how, with 4E's new abstract hit points, even fear attacks would do damage.

Remove ads